Shearwater Hotel
$84
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$122
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfamily suiteleisure centrelovely hotelbar foodkids clubsteam roomboth nightsfamily breakunderground parkingtop classnight breakfood was lovelyfollowing morningboth morningslast weekendwould highly recommend this hotelsitting room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We recently completed a charity cycle from Galway to Athlone in aid of lifeboats of Ireland.
The management and staff in the Shearwater Hotel were very kind to provide us with complimentary food & hot drinks when we arrived in Ballinasloe. We are very grateful to Garrett, Lilly and the whole team in the Shearwater Ballinasloe.

The service was excellent & the food was tasty and of top quality and much needed on a bad day of weather!

This is a fine hotel in an excellent location with a super team and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Myself and my husband recently got married in the Carlton Shearwater and we could not recommend this hotel highly enough. Having been a guest at a wedding in the hotel before we saw first hand what our guests were to expect. Garrett, Des and all the staff did their utmost to ensure the run up to and the day of our wedding was so special and stress free! From the drinks reception on arrival to the residents bar at the end of the night the service and attention to detail was fantastic. The meal was served quickly, hot and beautifully fresh, so many of the guests commented on the quality and service. The hotel itself is modern with lovely clean rooms and also boasts some great facilities, the spa is second to none, the relaxation area and treatments make you feel like you are in a different world!Ourselves along with family and friends had a magical day which was due to the care of all the staff. We would not hesitate in recommending the Carlton Shearwater and our only regret is that we don't get to do it all again!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding, it was fab, from the moment we stepped into the hotel we were looked after, the rooms are spotless and the breakfast in the morning was well needed, the ballroom is Hugh, the whole layout of the hotel us just fantastic

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed for two nights, one for a family wedding and second for relaxing time away just the two of us. I had emailed the spa requesting a treatment list and prices the day we booked, a series of emails got sent but they never sent me the prices. I was hoping to suprise my partner with something. Didn't happen. Got to the hotel, it was lovely. Wedding was lovely, couldn't fault it. Got to bed early. Didn't hear a thing. Night two was dreadful. Fell asleep for 2145, woken up at 2210. Our room was over the debs party down stairs. We called three times to complain, got told the bus was picking them all up at midnight, midnight came and went. Two more phone calls. Two more lies. I was still awake at 0100 and the party was still going on. All we could hear was 'boom boom boom'. From booking the hotel over the phone maybe two months ago, and checking in we was not told there could be a disturbance. I have never experienced anything such as this in any hotel (I stay in them every week with work and was looking forward to having my partner with me). I spoke to the lady upon cheak out. Told us she didn't lie to us and is just sorry. We should have been told upon Cheak in about this, or given a further room when we checked in. I wouldn't willingly choose to stay here again, and shall advise others of the same thing.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and enjoyed our stay. It was conveniently located and I guess in a way served as a landmark for navigating around the area. The room was very nice and housekeeping did a great job. We did think the shower "door" was a bit odd. For tall people the water splashes all over the floor and it gets wet and slippery. Although it looks nice and modern, I just think its a safety hazard.
It took us a while to figure out how to turn the lights on and thought the air conditioner could have been a little bit more powerful.
The breakfast was delicious. I loved the fruit option of the peaches and pears. Coming from the hospitality industry, I've only ever seen the traditional fruits - melons, pineapples and citrus fruits. I also really liked the set up of the breakfast and how the servers asked you upon seating you if you would like tea or coffee.
Overall it was a very pleasant stay. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family