“Great Value Top Notch Indian Food”
Review of indie spice grill

indie spice grill
Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Swords
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Went here for an early bird, €14.95 for two courses available Monday to Thursday. There was a choice of 4 starters and 5 main courses and everything we had was packed with flavour and well spiced, especially good were the Chicken Tikka and the Lamb Korma - big portions, sauce creamy without being heavy and packed full of flavour. Excellent pilau rice is included as are the usual poppadums with 3 sauces. There was so much good food in the starters and mains we just didn't have room left to try deserts. Service was both friendly and efficient and there is a nice easy going atmosphere. They also do a two course lunch special for €8.95 - unbelievable value but we'll be back soon to try that. You will not find better food in the Swords area of Dublin.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Lunch is very good value for money.The lunchtime special menu with two course for €8.95 per person is short but has a fair choice available to suit most tastes. I was very happy with quality and flavour of the foods. I had a Sheek kebab starter which minced lamb spiced with fresh garlic, ginger, mint, coriander and green chillies, I was very pleased with this, and for main Achari Sauteed lamb cooked with capsicum pepper, balti sauce and spicy onion masala I would hightly recommend this dish but watch out its not for the faint hearted its quite spicy with chili. Service was pleasant and fast. I will return.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Booked an early bird here for our son's communion. The place looks great inside and you can see the chefs cooking the food behind the service counter. We had the chicken tandoor starter and the kids had chicken nuggets and chips. The portions were a good size. I had a rogan josh fur Bain course which was very tasty. My wife and her cousin had lamb badami which wasn't on the early bird menu but the waiter allowed the change from korma. Service was efficient and there was a good atmosphere in the restaurant. This place is well worth a visit.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I visited this restaurant recently with friends and have to say that it was of the best Indian meals I have had (and I have had more than a few!). The menu had the usual favourites but also some choices that I had not seen elsewhere and therefore had to try. Everything was delicious, especially the naan which was not the usual pappy, doughy lump, a delightful change.
We were greeted nicely and served efficiently and enjoyed the experience,

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went there for the first time with my wife on a quiet Thursday night. Very clean, modern and comfortable settings. While the lighting was suitably low, it was enough to read the menu (something other Indian restaurants should note !). The service was quick and very friendly - but genuine, not forced. The plates and bowels were all very modern and beautiful - but the very best bit was the food itself. It was the real deal, with no msg or colour additives. The quantity was also just right for us. The final good point is the price - it's very good compared to others in the greater Dublin area. Will definitely be back there again.