“Remembered it a bit better”

The Old School House Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Swords
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Generally the food was very good, steak was cooked perfectly but the chips and onion rings tasted of fish - probably because they were cooked together with fish someone else had ordered. Very disturbing. Restaurant area is very nice with a wonderful pub layout. Prices aren't too bad. Parking is a bit tight so be prepared to walk a bit. All the waitresses were very nice and cordial.

1  Thank Dario954

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was always a very pleasant place to eat, but tried it again recently (January 2013) and now even more impressed. The new eating area upstairs is lovely, warm, comfortable and less "busy" than downstairs. The menu is also smaller while still retaining some of the old favourites. I am always supicious of a very large menu, as I wonder how all of it can be prepared on spec. This new menu is much more manageable. The meal was lovely, yet again, the fish was very well prepared, tasty and not overcooked, my starter was lovely and light but unfortunately due to the large portions I was not able for dessert. But my partner had a fabulous Knickerbocker glory. It is also coeliac friendly.

2  Thank TrustyDublin
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Great food at good prices in beautiful, homely surrounding's. The kids love here too and the staff are friendly. Chicken fajitas are my recommendation.

2  Thank Eamon_Swords
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Having heard that the Restaurant has been recently renovated my friends decided to visit for our Xmas Meal. Location only mins from Main Street and once seated in Restaurant we were astonished with the decor. The staff are friendly, discreet and professional and had no problem with our Queries about various dishes, one of my friends asked our Waitress ( I think I heard someone call her Mary) for something that was not on menu and she said it could be ordered. Smiles nowadays are hard to find with service industry. Menus very versatile but could not help noticing that Fish is plentiful but not everyone is into fish....The food is really good, taste, presentation, value all excellent. I will definitely recommend this restaurant. Please keep up the good work.

3  Thank hobbitlover
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Four of us went for dinner on a busy Saturday night. The restaurant is upstairs and the bar is set out like a modern traditional Irish bar with love sports, high tables and great beer.

The food was excellent, lots of choices, reasonably priced and delicious. The crab claws, fillet steak, black sole and baked Alaska were outstanding as was the house Merlot.

A must if your in Swords.

2  Thank LuvToTravelAndEat