“Luxury B&B”
Review of Rathview House

Rathview House
Ranked #4 of 19 Swords B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2012

With my very first visit to Ireland I was pleasantly surprised with this luxurious B&B. I had heard about Irish hospitality and I have to say the greeting by Sharon was so warm I had to remove my jacket.
The design of the house was welcoming, very clean and comfortable. Sleeping was no problem.
We were also greeted by a friendly and rather soft fluffy cat who had to be removed bodily when lying on the stairs to avoid him being crushed by a suitcase. He looked very sad but I think he was happy.
Breakfast in the morning, alone, would want you to return to Rathview House, such choice, with plenty of fruit and different types of bread. The full Irish is recommended!
Add to all that and the location, a two minute walk into town, and a bus stop at the top of the road to take you into Dublin, what more could you want? Oh yes, a restuarant, well they have them in Swords too!
A return is a must!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 21, 2012

This B&B was so great that we altered our schedule twice so that we could spend several more nights; we traveled south and returned while heading north, and returned again before flying out.
Sharon allowed us to arrive at 9AM, and also stored some belongings while we traveled about. The family is lovely, the accommodations spotless, and the location is excellent. We also very much enjoyed the town of Swords. I am planning to return next year!
Sharon S

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2012

from the moment we arrived to the moment we left Sharon was on hand to help in anyway possible, we were greeted with tea and cake which to me was a lovely touch. breakfast next day was 10/10. would have no problem staying here again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Sharon was very welcoming with a lovely cup of tea and cake. Very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was superb - very wide variety including goji berries!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WillowLondon
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed with my sister and brother-in-law at this B & B the night before our flight out of Dublin. Sharon, the owner, was welcoming - even when we arrived several hours later. The room was small but nicely decorated. Sharon offered to call a taxi for me for the next morning to take me to the airport and have it be there at 8:30. I appreciated the help. The next morning she seated me in the dining room prior to the time breakfast started so I could get a heads up for the airport. The breakfast was wonderful. I would highly recommend this B & B to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My family and I stayed here for two nights and found Sharon and the B&B to be so charming and nice. The room was clean and big and the breakfast was delicious. Sharon was happy to answer any of our questions we had about their country and was very friendly and helpful. Also, the town had a great little night life with people who were SO friendly (quite a nice change from the US). It was also pretty close to Dublin if you want to go into the city for a day. We stayed in Ireland for a week and this was by far my favorite place that we stayed at; it was a great way to end our trip!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We concluded 2 weeks in Ireland w/ a 3 night stay w/ Sharon. It was perfect. The proximity to Dublin, and the airport was ideal. The town of Swords is a bustling small town w/ many shops and pubs to visit, and everyone was so friendly. The Harringtons keep an immaculate home w/ warm, inviting rooms, a perfect parlor in which to sit and relax, and a fantastic breakfast to start the day. I was apprehensive about staying so far from Dublin when I made the reservation but, in fact, we were only 20 minutes from the city center and 10 minutes from the airport. Sharon gave us wonderful advice for transportation options as well as places to eat and shop. We are so glad we decided to stay in Swords, and at Rathview House.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family