“A little gem hidden away”

Carnegie Court Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The Carnegie is tucked away at the bottom end of Swords only a couple of miles from Dublin airport. The rooms are very clean and spacious, the staff are always ready to help regardless of the problem. Food is excellent as there is a restaurant and a pub on site. Free wifi which is a big plus for a traveller and this is a rarity in Ireland. There is spacious free parking in above and below ground.
I have used this hotel many times its my go to place near the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

On our way home on a Saturday evening from a day out we called into the harp bar in the hotel for something to eat. Greeted by a very pleasant waitress who found us a seat in a very busy bar. Loads of choice on the menu. I'm a fish lover and was delighted to have a choice of cod, plaice and Cajun salmon was the catch of the day according to our waitress. I went with the salmon and my husband had the 8oz steak. Both of us were very happy with our choices and enjoyed the meal. Unfortunately we couldn't stay around as he was driving but there was a band setting up on the stage area. We'll Definitly be back to eat and may leave the car and stay for the band next time.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamesl1978
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Went here on Friday for a meal in the bar with family for a confirmation. The food was excellent ,nice girl with ponytail serving us and really looked after us.The bar was very busy,and their was half price wine on Fridays ,this came as an extra surprise. Overall great atmosphere great staff and great food won't leave it so long again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Im just back from my honeymoon and i have write this review about the service we got from the hotel on our wedding day,from the very first day we booked with Alan the hotel has gone out of its way to look after us .The minute we arrived at the hotel to the last dance Teresa was there on hand guiding us through our day .I am still getting phone calls from family and friends saying what a great day they had and complementing the food and service,all in all I could not say enough about the staff and the service we got.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I visited here in April for a party it was the most depressing pub I have ever been in when you left the party area you were left in sheer empty darkness from the empty bar areas that are all closed off . But the best was the finger food a plate of mess I would call it not even hot I passed that food by the way , just glad I wasn't paying for it

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank maxclancy
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and I booked our wedding reception and the honeymoon suite for the 15th April, we met with the manager Marco a couple of weeks prior to the day and went through the menu's and timings. It was a small function but we was assured all the stops would be pulled out to make our day memorable...we were shown the early bird menu and told to pick a couple from the starters and mains then told it would be 23.99 per head....later I rang to confirm as the menu clearly stated 20.50 per head, I also asked why we were being restricted in choice if we were picking from the menu and why we were being charged more for the privilege...this time Oana the co manager stepped in and agreed with me and confirmed we could have the full choice of menu at the menu price. The meal was exceptional....it warrants its own review but i'm lazy so am just pointing that out now :) We was told our cake that had been delivered previously would be on a table laid out - it was forgotten and we had to ask them to get it where it was unceremoniously dumped on a nearby table....it short, we were treated to a restaurant service. The let down was the hotel.....we booked the honeymoon suite and considering we were told they'd really help make our wedding day a memorable one...there wasn't even as much as a mint on the pillow.......the furniture in the room was shockingly outdated, dark and cheap looking....as was the room. I'd have no hesitation at all recommending the hotel, the food is amazing and the staff are friendly and attentive....the hotel rooms...ugh.

Room Tip: Choose one in premier inn up the road, cheaper and lot more comfy