“Good american style grill”
Review of Hogs and Heifers

Hogs and Heifers
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Swords
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hogs & Heifers is a rustically refined steakhouse concept born out of the meat packers district in New York, priding itself on locally sourced quality dry aged cuts of meat up to 30oz, sharing meat planks and suckling hog on a spit. All to be enjoyed with our huge selection of Craft beers from Ireland and around the world. A large wooden island bar nestled under a corrugated iron roof and open plan kitchen set the scene for this cleverly crafted industrial meat lovers paradise. The vibe is edgy and cool - with late licence and live rock music we re-create the theatre of a timeless Coyote Ugly style including our stunning waitresses dancing on the bar counter !! We look forward to sharing this unique experience with you very soon......
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Ate here as it was close to our hotel and open later for a meal. Service was good and friendly. We ordered the full rack of ribs (excellent price) and the pulled pork sandwich. Both were very good and large portions - too much to finish.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Absolutely delicious...!!! Thrilled we stumbled upon this fantastic restaurant. Staff are lovely and very helpful. The food,,, oh my,,, the food,,, is delicious,,,!!! My son, eight, had a kids 6oz steak and chips, cooked to his wishes and so tasty, my partner had half a chicken, again yummy, I had a rack of ribs, so delicious.....definitely going back, maybe tomorrow......

Reviewed May 19, 2014

The kitchen was backed up and the waitress did apologize twice but it took her 15 minutes to take our drink order we were there almost 2 hours for 1 starter and 3 main courses. 2 different drink orders were brought to our table and 3 different food orders. We asked the waitress for 2 different things and both times she rushed off before we were finished.She wasn't under pressure as there was plenty of wait staff, bar staff and people who brought the food from the kitchen. We ordered the wings which were good,The pulled pork bap got the thumbs up. The spit roast was OK and the Nachos were OK but could have been of better quality 75% of them were like the end of the bag. I'll give this place a miss in the future.

3  Thank janiel
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Heard about this place some time ago and decided to give it a try. It's excellent. Completely different to what I imagined. The Staff are very efficient and friendly.Special word of thanks to Paul who managed to get us seats (don't know how). The Bands and music are excellent. Decided to finish off the night with a trip next door to the Wright Venue A night to remember. I will be going back soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had heard that this was a good America-style restaurant and it certainly hits the mark. We went with kids and enjoyed great ribs and burgers. My eldest lad is 17 but couldn't finish the skyscraper burger which is 16oz of meat. My wife and I shared a starter portion of ribs which were great, but probably too much as a starter for one! I had the heifer burger as a main which I suspect is 8oz and was great. It came with wonderful crispy string onions, beef tomato and salad in the bun. The only reason this place doesn't get 5 stars because the fries weren't great. The service was reasonably efficient by not top notch. It could do with some more experienced waiting staff rather than bar staff. The food is not cheap, but is good value for the portion sizes. I would strongly recommend sharing portions unless you are really hungry. I would like to have tried the fillet steak, but at €28 for an 8oz. I just wasn't hungry enough. I will go back and try it though ... soon. Good coffee and ice-creams after the mains.

Overall, very good family restaurant. Could do with slightly smaller portions and prices, and a few more professional waiting staff. I'd recommend it.

1  Thank Paul_41LD