“Needs a lot of work.”
Review of Hogs and Heifers

Hogs and Heifers
Reserve with OpenTable
Hogs and Heifers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 77 Restaurants in Swords
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hogs & Heifers is a rustically refined steakhouse concept born out of the meat packers district in New York, priding itself on locally sourced quality dry aged cuts of meat up to 30oz, sharing meat planks and suckling hog on a spit. All to be enjoyed with our huge selection of Craft beers from Ireland and around the world. A large wooden island bar nestled under a corrugated iron roof and open plan kitchen set the scene for this cleverly crafted industrial meat lovers paradise. The vibe is edgy and cool - with late licence and live rock music we re-create the theatre of a timeless Coyote Ugly style including our stunning waitresses dancing on the bar counter !! We look forward to sharing this unique experience with you very soon......
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The kitchen was backed up and the waitress did apologize twice but it took her 15 minutes to take our drink order we were there almost 2 hours for 1 starter and 3 main courses. 2 different drink orders were brought to our table and 3 different food orders. We asked the waitress for 2 different things and both times she rushed off before we were finished.She wasn't under pressure as there was plenty of wait staff, bar staff and people who brought the food from the kitchen. We ordered the wings which were good,The pulled pork bap got the thumbs up. The spit roast was OK and the Nachos were OK but could have been of better quality 75% of them were like the end of the bag. I'll give this place a miss in the future.

3  Thank janiel

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Heard about this place some time ago and decided to give it a try. It's excellent. Completely different to what I imagined. The Staff are very efficient and friendly.Special word of thanks to Paul who managed to get us seats (don't know how). The Bands and music are excellent. Decided to finish off the night with a trip next door to the Wright Venue A night to remember. I will be going back soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had heard that this was a good America-style restaurant and it certainly hits the mark. We went with kids and enjoyed great ribs and burgers. My eldest lad is 17 but couldn't finish the skyscraper burger which is 16oz of meat. My wife and I shared a starter portion of ribs which were great, but probably too much as a starter for one! I had the heifer burger as a main which I suspect is 8oz and was great. It came with wonderful crispy string onions, beef tomato and salad in the bun. The only reason this place doesn't get 5 stars because the fries weren't great. The service was reasonably efficient by not top notch. It could do with some more experienced waiting staff rather than bar staff. The food is not cheap, but is good value for the portion sizes. I would strongly recommend sharing portions unless you are really hungry. I would like to have tried the fillet steak, but at €28 for an 8oz. I just wasn't hungry enough. I will go back and try it though ... soon. Good coffee and ice-creams after the mains.

Overall, very good family restaurant. Could do with slightly smaller portions and prices, and a few more professional waiting staff. I'd recommend it.

1  Thank Paul_41LD
Reviewed May 6, 2014

On way home from weekend away with my family decided to try Hogs & Heifers. Had a really good experience overall. welcomed by a lovely host who gave us a seat at the window. Our waitress was very friendly and we had wings to start which were really fresh and tasty I had the Heifer Burger and it was really good and came on a board the rest had wraps and steaks and all really enjoyed their food. The atmosphere was what we really liked as we felt really welcomed and the whole place looked great

will defo go again and put it on your list as its a great place

1  Thank Tom C
Wright B, Public Relations Manager at Hogs and Heifers, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Tom

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for Hogs and Heifers.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the experience. We will be sure to pass the comments to the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards

The Hogs Team
x

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I ate here on a Friday evening. We didn't think we would get a table , but we got a nice table. We were waiting a little too long to place our orders in my opinion. However, when we did , the waitress brought the food out very quick, and was very friendly and accommodating. The food was absolutely gorgeous, and very reasonably priced.

Cocktails were nice, but a little expensive for what they were. Also, I would recommend that you tell people when the food is stopping as I wanted to get a dessert , but the kitchen had closed .

1  Thank Emma F