“Stayed here last weekend with my mam...”

Roganstown Hotel and Country Club
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Stayed here last weekend with my mam & sister and had a fab time staff were amazing especially in the restaurant the manager was so friendly & professional we stayed on for dinner an extra night

• Stayed: August 2010
There are newer reviews for Roganstown Hotel and Country Club

Reviewed August 28, 2010

My eight days at Roganstown Hotel and Country Club were a fantastic experience and this was all down to the management and staff who could not do enough for us. The rooms, restaurant and bar were of the highest quality and I will be recommending this place to friends and family.

Gerry, Excel Sports.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Gerry6721
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I had the displeasure of stayind in roganstown hotel in august, was with a large extended family to attend a wedding the wedding and golf fuctions is were the must get the 4 stars as they were excellent but for our visit that is were it stoped. The night staff were as rude and bullying i have ever met , They refused to give out drinks took drinks off tables that had been paid saying that the were closed to do cleaning up. The barman was very irrate mubble in unbroken english about ringing the guards. When we complained at reception was told he was having a bad night that a guest of the hotel had peed of a balconey on him, to breakfast which was served next morning to room by rude bar man which was plonked on table. That night was remaining wedding party guest dinner we arrived down and were siting out side enjoying the lovely sunny evening when we were told our table was ready, we told our seats and waited an hour for our starter, no experience what so ever dont think he waited a table ever , bread slapped on our plates and when i order a bottle of wine was told how much it was ok! but when eating my main waiter stood over me and waited while i gave him the money . Iwas so embarrssed when on leaving i spoke to manager was told i only started on thursday shouldnt have been ask that way and what could she do people were getting drinks from bar and they had to be paid. Not once at our table were we asked if we want a drink it was hard enough getting jugs of water. Next morning went down for breakfast twice asked for room number at table for 6 toast for 2 no eggs no mushrooms no sausages no milk on any tables filled a jug from milk at cereal table. For what money was spent by all we expected more i have stayed in many hotels around ireland and this is the first time that any kind of excuses would be accepted . I feel that after the wedding was over they want you out as.As i put in my comment card a complete look at the staff training out of that whole experience seamus on reception was the only staff that knew what it takes to run a hotel in his advice his attitude , his general appearance hed had the proper training. NEVER AGAIN would i stay in a hotel that treated me and my family in such away.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank lovelylaoise
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We booked one night at this hotel through Laterooms and overall the hotel was okay but it is not for lack of reason that this hotel features in the last minute deals section of travel websites. The hotel website sells the nice picture of the central staircase in the main house, the Japanese style Garden in the courtyard, the country setting, the spa and of course the golf course. I didn't play golf and didn't use the spa facilities but both looked decent. However once you pass the nice central staircase in the main house you enter bland and dingey territory. The executive room we had was clean, large and fairly well decorated but on closer inspection the curtain was ripped, the duvet was sweaty and the pillows were not comfortable. The Japanese garden is not out in the grounds of the hotel but is in fact the landscaped effort in the courtyard. The main issue with the hotel, though, is that there is no atmosphere. This was not helped that the bar and restaurant is used by the local community as a pub with unruly kids running around. The armchairs were horrid (see pic). A major urban area of Swords is nearby so its not really a country setting as the locals use it to watch sport on the big screen. There is no sense of exclusivity to this place as the hotel packs in non hotel guests to the fitness centre too. The breakfast was okay although the scrambled egg was overdone. Internet charges were 2 Euro for 10 minutes to use a computer supplied by the hotel. The television in the room was the old style tube and the picture quality was poor. Admittedy the staff were friendly and attentive and there was free parking and free wifi in the public areas (provided you had your own laptop or computer) but I would only go back to this hotel if offered a very cheap deal. With so many deals on now in the centre of Dublin there is no benefit to staying miles away from civilisation (unless you count Swords as the cultural panacea in Ireland).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank spin101
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Challenging golf couse, good food in McLoughlins restaurant and comfortable rooms. 8 golfers were able to play a Saturday and Sunday high season, bed, breakfast and one evening meal for 149 euros. Hotel busy and staff friendly and efficient. Hotel is only 15 minutes from the North/South motorway system. I would recommend booking mid-week, when the golf course will be less busy.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
FingalRaven, Owner at Roganstown Hotel and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

One very small correction - Roganstown is actually only 12 miles from O'Connell Street in Dublin's city centre.

Reviewed August 5, 2010

We went for a relaxing night away form the kids. Roganstown has all the facilities i needed and more. Beautiful grounds fantastic staff. This was my third stay in the hotel and I have never had any complaints. If you are looking for a nice quite location near the airport and not to far from a major town (swords) this is the hotel for you. Worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Caroline044
Reviewed July 17, 2010

If you are looking for a 4* hotel that offers peace tranquillity and leisure activity in the north side of Dublin then this is the place. Having read other reports I was unsure whether to book or not but I am very glad I did.
From the warm welcome at reception to the beautiful spacious bedroom with fully stocked bathroom I felt this was my type of place.
In the corridor outside my bedroom i peeked through the small window and was able to view the welcome site of the swimming pool and the jacuzzi. Facilities here are first class.
The food in the dining room was excellent as was the bar food.
All staff that I met were pleasant and helpful.
I am a very picky person and this quiet retreat was a delight and anyone who could find fault would have to be looking for them. Hopefully I will return soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grandmaNireland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Carnegie Court Hotel
Carnegie Court Hotel
#4 of 7 in Swords
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Roganstown Hotel and Country Club? Share your experiences!