“Very Disapointing”

Roganstown Hotel and Country Club
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have stayed here before and eat here on a regular basis, had several family functions here and infact had arrange to meet family here for lunch the following day, but when we stayed here on Saturday 29th of March it was very disapointing. Room was ok, nice big bed, Bathroom was a bit shabby, Bath was very small and the hot water was no where near as hot as it should have been. We went into the bar for dinner as we both fancied Fillet steak and this was only on the bar Menu. I had the Bruschetta to start, that was good. The main courses were terrible, both were cold , tasteless and the worst piece of meat I have ever tasted. It was chalky and had a strange taste. We complained and they were both take away, neither of us wanted another steak so my husband asked for the scallops that were on the dinner menu, 3 tiny scallops appeared!!!!! and I just had a sandwich. We ordered a desert for 2 ( a selection of icecreams, meringue, fruit and marshmallows), it came in 2 large wine glasses, the marshmallows were like foam, meringue ( I got 1 piece). All that was good was the 2 irish coffies, that we had to pay for!!!
The next day when we were leaving the receptionist said the manager wanted to speak with us, for what I dont really know as all he said was sorry and that we should have been offered another cut. I asked what the chef had said about it and I was told he didnt know and that noboby had tatsed to the meat to see what we were referring to.
All in all it was a very disapointing evening and we will definatly not be eating here again

2  Thank deekat

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed overnight at Roganstown on Thursday 20th March, 2014 and what a fantastic stay. Firstly I was greeted by a friendly receptionist, who explain where everything was and what was available onsite. I was shown up to my room, which was so spacious and spotless, the bed was the most comfortable I have slept in. The meal was the biggest surprise, it was amazing, the presentation was first class, I loved every minute.
I will certainly be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was lucky enough to stay in the hotel as part of a spa package. I cannot fault this hotel or service or attention to detail. The evening meal was superb - beautiful presentation and very tasty. My room was large & comfortable and I slept well. The following day included a spa package which I availed of, the beauticains was very helpful and I left with a great sense of well being. I also used the pool, hot tub, sauna & steam room which I was lucky enough to have to myself and enjoyed it immensely. The location being so close to Dublin will lend itself well to future treats I may plan for myself & partner - we even may take in a round of golf!

Room Tip: Maybe not a room at the front of the hotel in the spring time - the dawn corus would wake you if you...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I regularly visit this hotel because of its consistent high standards in service and food.Whether it is a family occasion or casual bar food you will always be made feel at home by the excellent bar staff. I would highly recommend this hotel and golf course.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed at this hotel last weekend and it was fantastic. The hotel was spotless and our room was lovely. The pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room were excellent as was the gym. The hotel is near Swords and IKEA . The food was lovely but our menu was limited as we were on a package which was the only drawback. The staff were fantastic and so helpful and attentive. We will return.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed in this hotel over St Patricks weekend.enjoyed the visit very much, Staff were all lovely and welcoming from the reception staff to the dinning room staff. Had Dinner one night and the food and service was excellent. The bedrooms were spacious and comfortable.This was our first time to stay in this hotel, we will definetly go back again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great hotel with very friendly staff. Golf course is one of the best u can play in dublin with great greens. Food was of a very high standard. If you are looking for a romantic weekend or bring the family for a few days R&R you cannot go wrong with this hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
#13 of 150 in Dublin
Carnegie Court Hotel
Carnegie Court Hotel
#4 of 7 in Swords

Been to Roganstown Hotel and Country Club? Share your experiences!