“Excellent”

Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Swords
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Arrived after a long busy day,excellent check in staff who made us feel very welcome,rooms were large and very clean,we just stayed for the one night and had dinner in the resturant,was busy but the staff made us feel welcome and it felt genuine,food was very nice but special thanks to John who even tho was busy still had time to have a polite conversation with myself and my wife and check that our meal was ok

• Stayed July 2013
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us which myself and the team were delighted to read you enjoyed.

We look forward to seeing you again for future stays.

Helen Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in the Premier inn for one night late June 2013 which included 23 nights car parking for 133 euros.
This is our third overnight stay at this hotel and we used it in each occasion for morning flights from Dublin airport.
For long term car parking I think you can park almost anywhere at the rear of the hotel, within the security boom barriers. We choose to park on the top level of the 2 storey car park. You bring the ticket, dispensed to you as you enter the car parking area, with you to reception.
Checkin is quick and painless. When they allocate your room they also write on the ticket the return date for collecting your car. By the way, when you arrive back to collect your car, you need to return to reception for them to validate the ticket so that you can exit the barrier.
There are two lifts serving all floors and we never had to wait long.
The rooms are typical Premier Inn. They are clean with all the essentials you need for an overnight stay. The rooms would benefit from a safe however.
The ground floor has a bar and restaurant including a lounge area adjacent to a vending machine. The hotel is non smoking, with a smoking area outside the rear door.
We haven't used the restaurant during any of our stays for an evening meal, but the menu appeared reasonable. We have stayed for breakfast on two occasions and found it good value for money. I think it was around 10-12 euros for a full irish breakfast, with a continental option available for a reduced price. The breakfast has good variety for the western pallet and is good quality.
The hotel runs a double decker bus to the airport for 1 euro/ person each way. The bus leaves the hotel every half hour and takes around 10 minutes to the airport bus Station. A further 150m walk takes you to terminal one. The bus leaves the airport from the same place and again leaves every half hour.
The hotel is located within a commercial zone, with plenty of shops nearby. Some residential houses are also close by. We have always felt safe during our stays.
We would certainly use this hotel again providing it retains its current pricing structure. It has everything you require for an overnight stay, with the long term car parking a bonus. However, I doubt whether we would use the hotel for a longer stay.
We have given the hotel a 4 star rating for the overall standard and facilities of the hotel. However, we would give 5 stars if the rating was purely based on an overnight stay to use the airport, or for a brief trip into Dublin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dell08
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we ticked all the boxes to your needs.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Leicester UK
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I have Stayed in more airport hotels over the past 10 years than l care to remember but l can honestly say that this one is the best ever.Air con rooms big comfortable bed decent size shower, spotlessly clean, piece and quiet, fantastic food (the apple pie is worth a 5 star rating on it's own).and Service with a smile. Can't recommend highly enough and this experience has finally convinced me to use Premier Inn whenever and wherever l can from now on.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank china_blue
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure for myself and the team to read your review and we are delighted that you are now a Premier Inn fan.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

cork/london/dublin
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Booked this place as flying out early and was impressed.This is not a high end property but the facilities were excellent.large king size bed spacious spotless room.Excellent bathroom and all pristine.Theme was a little purple all over but hey.....! for 39 euro a room a steal and so close to the long stay carpark Blue sector.Onsite restaurant serves dinner and breakfast and is adjacent to the bar.Even the bar was well done and comfortable,relaxing and contemporary. Added bonus is that it is in a commercial park and so handy for last minute stuff we had forgotten or to grab a bite at many which are on the doorstep.Staff were very helpful and printed barding passes, alarm call and local advice.If you can get this special price look no further for an absolute bargain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank odysseus53
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read you enjoyed.

Cork
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as we were flying out of dublin airport on a very early flight and arriving back very late. What a perfect find! Beautiful big family room, we had a double bed and single bed plus a single mattress on floor, all very comfortable. Kids stayed free (children under 16 are allowed to stay free once sharing in this hotel! And they got free breakfast also!) Food was delicious, great choice for breakfast. They run a shuttle bus to the airport but we didnt use this as we had our car and had prebooked parking at the airport. I would recommend this hotel for sure, and hope to return again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cath1803
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to read your recent review and I hope you and your family enjoyed your holiday.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip from Dublin Airport.

Connecticut
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The room was clean, well-appointed, and ready early which I greatly appreciated. Although there were a couple of stains on the carpet, the bathroom was immaculate and the bed was quite comfortable. There is a restaurant on site that serves breakfast and dinner but there are plenty within an easy walk including a cafe next door that does serve lunch. They don't sell or supply newspapers which I found inconvenient for a hotel catering to travelers. I walked a couple of blocks to get one--fortunately the weather was grand during my stay. They also lack a business center (also unusual for a hotel catering to travelers) but have internet, thirty minutes for free and 24 hours available for purchase for 3 euro. They are willing to print your boarding passes if you email them to the desk (they give you an address). This was cumbersome. My only complaint was the airport shuttle. Honestly I had chosen this hotel specifically for its convenience to the airport and the shuttle. Having been in Ireland for over a month, I had a lot of luggage and I was traveling alone. The driver did not lift a hand to help (I would have happily tipped him well to do so) and the worst part was that the shuttle stops at a car park at the airport NOT the terminal. I was stuck lifting huge baggage and bringing it the long walk to the terminal. My back was not happy and neither was I! I would have taken a taxi had I known that shuttles do not drop off at the terminal--and that shuttle drivers do not consider it a part of their job to unload your luggage. In the states these two things are common practice.

Room Tip: There are lifts but don't expect anyone to help you with luggage. Don't use the shuttle unl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dreamingbig
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay which I was pleased to read on the whole you enjoyed.

The shuttle service is provided by a company and not directly run by us so I will relay your comments with regards to luggage assistance. With regards to the stop area of the shuttle, unfortunately this is governed by the Dublin airport authority who permit hotel shuttles to park only in Zone 14. Failure to comply with this ruling may result in parking facilities not been available. Luggage trollies are available both at the hotel and at the airport to assist you.

I do hope this does not deter you from staying with us again in the future and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you.

Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a excellent place to stay. I thought it would be too far out from o2 but it wasnt as I was driving & used the tunnel. Room catered for 4 of us & we had a big room,clean ,well looked after & over all the price was right, you wouldnt get any hotel in Dublin at 39 Euros a room.Premier Inn makes it possible for people like me with familys to stay in hotels. Well done Premier Inn Dublin.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that we continue to deliver on our promise of great value and look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future.

Helen Devlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!