“Disappointed and dismayed”

Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Having recently stayed at the premier inn at Gatwick and read the rave reviews of this branch, I was looking forward to our stay for one night prior to an early flight. But was I ever in for a disappointment. The staff on check in we're rude and disinterested. There are only 2 small lifts for a very busy hotel full of families with lots of luggage. The room was good though and up to the usual Premier Inn standard. We then went down for dinner , after a long wait for a lift again. More rude staff in the bar......my 3 year old grandson presented us with a tablet he found on a chair in the bar. Thank goodness he didn't eat it thinking it was a sweet!
Then into dinner and at last a friendly helpful member of staff. A shining star among a bunch of miseries!
But not one but two members of our party then hurt themselves on a deign feature of the wall in the dining area.....a ledge sticking out just above ankle height at the back of the table in a very dim lighted area.
I will not use this hotel again or recommend it to my friends

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank janis k
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Guest

I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us and sincerely apologise on behalf of myself and my team.

I would be more than happy to discuss the matter further with you if you could email me at helen.devlin@whitbread.com

Helen Devlin

Write a ReviewReviews (2,881)

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night before our flight to the States. Hotel was fantastic value for money as we also got 3 wks parking included for €125. They run a shuttle bus to the airport for €1 per adult each way. I have stayed at the Radisson & Hilton at Dublin airport and this was a better hotel. Will stay here anytime I'm travelling out of Dublin.
Staff where very helpful & friendly .

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

You know you travel a lot when you go to write a review of a place and Tripadvisor tells you that you had already written a review two years ago. I had no idea I was ever here before until I tried to do a new review. :)

Regardless, the reason for my review was because of the outstanding service provided by the people working here who went above and beyond for us. My family which included my wife, and two small children ages two and four were scheduled to stay here for only one night before leaving the country, however plans changed when everything was lost. After landing in Dublin and realizing our bags had been lost, and other airline issues, we needed to stay a few extra nights here in Dublin. When we went to extend our stay, the hotel was full but the front desk workers and manager worked to make some changes and allow us to stay two extra days AND they did it by providing us a great rate as well.

The last thing we wanted to do after missing flights and losing luggage was have to switch hotels, and the people here were so helpful in proving us with the same room for a few extra nights, as well as providing information on where to find clothes, and entertainment options.

Thank you to everyone who helped us here and provided us a place to call home while we got everything straightened out in Dublin!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank scooterpie77
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your recent review which was a pleasure to read. I have passed your feedback onto the team who were also delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us even through the challenging situation that you had to deal with.

We hope you and your family visit Ireland again to include a stay with us here at Premier Inn Dublin airport.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Loving looking hotel with fantastically maintained rooms and bar/lounge area. However the staff leave a lot to be desired. They seem robotic and lack empathy to the guests. The night staff especially were totally unhelpful. The breakfast was average - after waiting 15mins for fresh hot food it was fine. I have stayed in many premier inns and will continue to do so - although I will think twice before staying in this particular one again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

On behalf of myself and the team I wish to sincerely apologise for any poor service received. As you can see from many other reviews the team strive on a daily basis to deliver exceptional service and I assure you that your review will be communicated to the team to ensure that the expected level of service is delivered at all times.

With regards to breakfast, as our food is cooked fresh, during busy periods there can be a delay however it is the focus of the team to ensure that the buffet area continues to be stocked at all times.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future for a memorable stay for all the right reasons.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was my first stay in a Premier Inn,and as other reviewers have said this is definitely as good as a budget chain gets! We arrived on a very hot day and were greeted by a sign at reception which said "we have pulled the curtains in your room and turned on the airconditioning". I did not even expect airconditioning for the very reasonable price we had paid but it was so very welcome! ...and how thoughtful to pull the curtains too!!!! our room was lovely and cool.It was also spacious,clean and the beds very comfortable.The added bonus of free parking was very much appreciated.Someone has gone to the trouble of drawing a very comprehensive diagram of the aircon unit and how to operate it......I usually spend ages fiddling with the aircon units to get the temperature/fan/etc right in different hotels and this is the first time I have come across a laminated A4 size explanation.Thank you Premier Inn, you do a great job!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank worldtravelx4
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to read your review and great to hear that our efforts to ensure that our guests have a great stay with us are working.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again for another great stay.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great price, wonderful breakfast, good nights sleep. Shuttle bus service great value, could run a little later as flights were still coming in. No bar service after normal pub hours. Could have done with a drink.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another great stay.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Conveniently situated close to Dublin Airport in a retail park, frequent shuttle bus to and from the hotel. Friendly staff, and nicely spacious rooms. Everything looks well maintained and clean. Great breakfast buffet. All in all great value for the money

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I was pleased that we continue to deliver on our promise of great value.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Ireland.

Helen Devlin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!