“Little Gem of a Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Offaly, Ireland
“Little Gem of a Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I decided to have a night to ourselves so we slipped off to the Premier Inn as we fancied a bit of shopping also. We have stayed in the hotel before and have always found the staff friendly and welcoming. The room as usual was spotlessly clean, with a comfy bed and pillows.

Although there is no bath there is a lovely big shower in which you can sit down and relax. Also big white fluffy towels.

The breakfast was lovely with loads to choose from. If you couldn't find something that you liked you are fussy!!! The bar is rather small but comfortable to have a drink in and there is plenty of room in the reception lobby.

All in all not in the most romantic of locations (although we could see fields and the the coast from our room) we had a lovely evening together in the hotel and we will definitely use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room rear of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review following your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Dublin Airport.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Helen Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

spacious modern room, shuttle bus to airport terminal for €1. ( children free ). Good value and friendly staff. Free carpark with aditional days available if required. Was expecting something along the lines of a travelodge but it is as good as any 4 star hotel i ve stayed in

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that we had exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you for many more great stays.

Monaghan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night as I had an early morning flight the next day, comfortable room, had everything you would need. Parked there for a few days, got the shuttle bus to the airport which was only a 10 minute drive away. Are is great too as there are shop, coffee shops and restaurants in the vicinity. Only thing i would say there was a letter in the room stating they had provided extra coffee due to the cold weather, there was only 2 sachets of coffee in my room with no decaff, and I prefer decaf i the evenings, apart from that it was fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again.

Please do note extra items are available from Reception 24 hours each day should you require them.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the premier inn, Dublin airport on march 14th. I had a dreadful experience and will relate events as they happened. On check in at about 7pm I asked the receptionist (name withheld) was my room warm, explaining politely that on my last stay a year ago I had found the room very cold as the heat was not not working properly (a fact verified by staff on my check out at that time). He assured me the room was very warm as he has personally boosted the heat before my arrival - it was a bitterly cold day and having travelled 3 hours after a days work this was what I wanted - a warm room. Not so!! When I entered my room it was colder than a fridge. I rang down and spoke to the guy who checked me in and he said he would boost it from a switch in the back office. I waited 20 minutes and no heat! I had dinner booked for 7.30 so I spoke to this guy on reception in person as I could stick my cold room no longer. He got very defensive and adopted an aggressive indifferent attitude saying he had heated the room and that it would get warmer - I politely stated that this was not good enough that the room should be warm on arrival - he said they only put the heat on 2 hours before guests arrive. I was conscious I was now very hungry and late for dinner and would want the room warm when I got back later so I asked for a portable electric heater - he said no I asked again he said no again - I asked why not and he replied that room would warm up - I asked again and at this stage he said he would give me a heater but it would be an old "smelly heater" by this time his female colleague arrived and offered assistance. I asked to speak to the duty manager and to my utter disbelief he said He was the duty manager!!!! Thanks to the professional assistance offered by his young friendly female colleague I got a heater brought to the room which helped solve the problem of the heat. I should mention the heat NEVER came on that night or in the morning so heavens knows what I would have done without that plug in heater. This duty manager never apologised to me at any time and despite my remaining calm and polite throughout my annoyance - he displayed a disrespectful, unprofessional, arrogant and argumentative manner. How he ever rose to the rank of manager is beyond me as his junior colleague seems far more worthy of his title. So my advice to any person thinking of staying at this hotel in the winter - don't!!!! or bring your own heater. I have written to premier inn head office regarding this matter and the duty manager (name withheld) who was so rude and unhelpful.I did make complaint to the hotel manager, Hilary devlin, last year regarding the heat and found her not to be very pleasant or professional either - perhaps this may explain the culture of rude arrogant junior managers at this premier inn. It is more than obvious that this hotel has serious on going problems with the heating system - this combined with management problems spoil what is other wise a fine and clean hotel - should mention the restaurant staff are lovely friendly polite people serving great food, thank you to them!

Room Tip: I stayed at the premier inn, Dublin airport on march 14th. I had a dreadful experience and will rela...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mceochaidh
Dear Guest

I wish to sincerely apologise for the lack of heating and the poor levels of customer service that you received during your recent stay with us.

As you can see from many other Tripadvisor reviews we pride ourselves on delivering great service however on this occassion we clearly failed and I will be investigating further to prevent a repeat of this poor level of service.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly on helen.devlin@whitbread.com to discuss the matter further and to instigate our Good Night Guarantee policy.

Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies and I look forward to hearing from you.

Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I parked my car for 5 nights and stayed in the hotel for 1 night. The price I got was excellent value!

Parking felt secure and I had no problem finding a space, unlike some other airport hotels I've used.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

My flight times meant that catching the last bus back to the hotel at 11pm from the airport was not possible, so I would have liked a later bus service. However I appreciate most will not be impacted by this.

Also, having phoned the hotel prior to making my reservation I found that different staff gave me conflicting information when asked simple questions about room costs, which was frustrating.

However, all in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to others and would have no hesitation in using it again myself.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and are happy to recommend us to friends and family.

We do look forward to welcoming you again for many more great future stays.

oldham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

nice and clean think i paid 80 euro for 1 night, room clean and good usual premier inn, good or parking not more to say really, oh tv blew up! had to change rooms... couldnt swap the tv out, sited close to the airport, on a retail park

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Premierinndublin, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I do apologise for the fact that your TV blew which is completely out of the norm here at Premier Inn Dublin airport and for any effect this had on your stay.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you once again for another stay memorable for the right reasons.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night prior to flying out on hols to US. Good deal with parking and rooms smart, clean and a good size. Two 'gripes': noise outside late at night - drunks shouting n roaring and second bland food. Restaurante served food that was 'mass produced' and tasteless. All in all an average experience but vfm with the car parking.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. I was overall pleased that you enjoyed your stay and received great value for money.

I do apologise for any noise experienced and that you felt our food was bland. All food items are prepared fresh each day so I will endeavour to investigate this matter.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you once again for a memorable stay for the right reasons.

Helen Devlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport

Been to Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!