“Reasonable night's sleep close to airport”

Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Munich, Germany
“Reasonable night's sleep close to airport”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had to catch a 7:00 a.m. flight and were coming from a week's stay in the West of Ireland. I HATE to pay a ton of money for a hotel where I know I'll spend all of about 10 hours there so I was looking for the best value and chose this hotel based on other reviews. Bottom line: comfortable bed, friendly staff, quiet room -- it met my criteria. That said, the location is not good if you're without a car -- you are pretty much confined to the hotel restaurant which is only OK. Also, be aware that you need to pay €1 for the airport shuttle bus -- not a terrible thing at all, but I wish we'd been told so we could be prepared when getting on the bus. Finally, it was near Halloween and there was some rowdiness, to include: (1) the entry door was smashed during the night; (2) when we arrived in the lobby to catch the shuttle to our super-early morning flight, there was a belligerent (drunk) guest shouting threateningly at the reception staff; and (3) a fire alarm sounded at 4:25 a.m. (glad we were up and nearly ready to leave) that left a lot of bewildered and nervous guests standing around in the hallways wondering what to do, without any direction from the hotel staff. I am sure that all three of these things were related and the night staff certainly had its hands full, but frankly we couldn't get out of there soon enough.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Keagriver

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Premier Inn Dublin Airport during your recent stay with us.

While I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your basic needs, I was disappointed the events of the Halloween affected your stay overall and possibly left you with the wrong impression of our hotel.

The past weekend indeed proved challenging to the area, the hotel and my team and I truly take on board your comments with regards to the events witnessed however do sincerely hope that this does deter you from staying with us again. We are at the mercy of each guest staying with us to respect the fact that others are sleeping however we are not always successful and I truly apologise for this.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again for an enjoyable stay which will leave the correct last impression.

Helen Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Turkish first
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was our 3rd stay at the Premier Inn Dublin Airport and again it met with our expectations.
Quick check in, rooms are clean, a reasonable size and very comfortable for an overnight stay.
As with all the Premier Inn Hotels it offers a great value 'all you can eat' breakfast and best of all kids eat free!
Twice hourly transfer bus to the airport for a small charge and the hotel offers the option of being able to leave your car if booked in advance for a reasonable daily rate.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Socwexford

I was delighted to read that you have now become a regular user of Premier Inn Dublin Airport and that we continue to meet & exceed your expectations on every visit.

Look forward to welcoming you on your 4th visit to us.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This is the best one I have stayed in staff fantastic. Sam gets ten out of ten for service. rooms were very clean. and the rest of the staff could not have been more helpful nothing was any trouble to food in your room. The food was great and the soup's were very tasty. Could not fault this hotel at all. The shuttle runs every half hour at one euro. to and from the Airport. And going to the city takes 20 minuets with a Dublin Bus it drops you off in o connell street. You do have to make sure you have plenty coins as the Dublin buses only take coins we purchased a day pass for ten euros cheap at the price. The bus stop is 5 minuets walk from the hotel opposite the garage on the main road. Car parking is not a problem and you can park and fly as well. Will use this hotel again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gina1344gw
Dear Gina1344gw

WOW, what a great review which I and the team were delighted to read and thank you so much for your great comments.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another great stay.

United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Absolutely fantastic hotel, whilst I generally like Premier Inns, this one is one of the better ones, if not the best. Great rooms, great restaurant, great bar and very pleasant staff. The location is not great but it is easy to get back and forward to the airport so no really an issue.

I wasn't too sure about the shuttle bus before I went, but I would recommend getting a taxi from the airport, about 7 euros as I am still not sure where the bus leaves from and it wasn't until I got to the hotel that I knew what time it left at. It was an easy bus journey back to the airport at 1 euro each, there was 1 stop on the way to the airport and the journey took about 15 minutes. From memory the bus leaves the hotel at 15 minutes to the hour and leaves the airport at 15 minutes past the hour. At the airport (in Zone 14 or 16) all there is is a sign which tells you there is a Premier Inn bus. There is a central island where buses park and I think the Premier Inn bus parks in whatever one of those is empty when it arrives - but I'm really not sure.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TallSeaBird
Dear Tallseabird

I was delighted to read your review following your stay with us at Premier Inn Dublin Airport confirming you received great service and value in a great product.

Your directions to the location of our shuttle service are spot on. The shuttle departs Dublin airport every hour and every 1/2 hour with the last departure at 1am.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back once again for another great stay.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stayed here really for the convenience of being close to the airport. I have to say for the price the hotel was excellent. Very clean and more importantly very comfortable. I wish they would raise the price 5 euros and not make you go through the hassle of ordering a third party wifi service. It is kind of ridiculous. But I have to say I will for sure stay at another Premier Inn property given the opportunity in the future. The Dublin property looks to be new. The restaurant was OK as was the bar. But really the value, 39.00 Euro is the star here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Livermore66

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Premier Inn Dublin airport and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and recieved great value for money.

With regards to wifi, the service using your own equipment is complimentary in the hotel ground floor by obtaining a password from reception. We are reviewing the cost of wifi service in our bedrooms for the whole of Premier Inn and hope to make some changes into the new year.

I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again.

cork
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed at Premier inn dublin airport with a friend. We paid 29 euros for one night. When we arrived at the reception, we got a warm welcome.
Then the room was amazing, 2 double beds, big room, big bathroom.
The hotel is located in a quiet environment.
We also ate at the restaurant which is good value for money as the hotel.

We got a very good stay in this hotel, I recommend to anyone who gets an early flight, or get good value for money because it worth it!
The hotel is located at 10 mn from the airport, and the shuttle service is very good.

Jeff

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank geoffrey m
, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Geoffrey M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Premier Inn Dublin Airport and I was delighted to hear that you experienced all the very best that we have to offer from great value, attractive product and excellent service which is what we strive to deliver every day.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you once again for another great stay.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Originally stayed here 3 years ago and decided to come back for our sons 13th birthday special weekend. The welcome was excellent and as with all premier inns the rooms and standard of care were way above average. Eat both breakfast and dinner which were very good value for money and staff were more than willing to make the day special (banners and ballons were put up for us without question) as a family we travel throughout Europe and the middle east staying within minimum 5x star hotels and this premier inn is of equal standard and quality !!!!! Very highly recommended

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Loopnav
, General Manager at Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear loopnav

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and for noting that the standards and service are that of a 5 star hotel which is a fantastic achievement for us and will be most delighted to pass your message onto my team

We work hard at Premier Inn Dublin Airport delivering great value in a fantastic product and all delivered by a team who really care.

We look forward to welcoming you once again for another great stay

Helen Devlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!