“great place to stay”

Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Swords
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here on the 25th july with my partner and young daughter, all together there was a group of 10 of us who stayed. Rooms were clean and comfortable an a great nights sleep was had by all. Staff were very pleasant an helpful. Only suggestion would be info on local shops nearby and transport links. Would def stay again great value for 29 pound!!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank una25
RDTravelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased to see that you and your group enjoyed your stay here at the Travelodge Swords. The team are always happy to see their hard work appreciated through positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back any time.

I also hope you enjoyed your trip to Dublin zoo.

R D'arcy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed in the Swords Travelodge last night (Tuesday) with my teenage daughter and found it clean, comfortable and convenient for the airport and city centre. Staff were were helpful and polite. The other guests seemed to be holidaymakers (irish and international familes) and there was certainly no rowdiness or trouble. I can't comment for weekends but it was more than adequate at the price we were charged for the room €50

Reading previous reviews I think sometimes matters can be resolved before it gets to to hotel staff being put under pressure. This is the second time I have stayed here and both have been a good experience.

Some feedback though if the management are reading:

A map of the area and bus routes should be available. It doesn't need to be a glossy brochure just a photocopy of local transport information. I asked a taxi driver outside the hotel how much to the city centre and was told around €18. I asked the receptionist
about the bus service and she was more than happy to tell me the number bus we needed to get, where to get it from and how much it cost. €4 for the two of us! The bus stop was less than five minutes walk away.

Overall I would definately recommend this hotel from our experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank annefromlondon
RDTravelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review, The team here are always happy to see their hard work appreciated. I would also like to thank you for your comments with regard to the local services, this productive feedback is crucial to the ongoing improvements we are making here at the Travelodge Swords. We look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

R D'arcy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed here for 1 night in june as I was flying out of the airport the following morning. Hotel is very dated and bland. Ok if you are heading for the airport as it's nearby and inexpensive.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Failey36
RDTravelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, Since your visit in June the Travelodge Swords has begun a revamp. New flat screen televisions have been introduced into half of our hotel bedrooms with the other half on order. We are also in the process of painting the entire hotel along with updating some of our furniture.

I am very confident that if you where to return to us in the future your opinion would differ. We may not be a brand new property although we do our very best to ensure we offer our guests a comfortable room at continuously low rates. Thank you once again.

R D'Arcy

Travelers are raving about these Swords hotels

Cambridge,UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

Great Location ,helpful staff and good Breakast too. Local Bus from Airport stops just across the road. I will definately stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Worldtravenut
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Travelodge Swords and I wish to thank you for your kind review.

Far too often it is written that negative reviews help to improve service and standards although I personally believe that equally through positive reviews like your own that teams are encouraged to improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back any-time.

Dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed here for a night while attending a function in the vicinity. Stayed with myself & my colleague. As we are young females (we are in our early 20's ,both professionals) the lady at reception assumed we were going to the Wright Venue nearby. However when I told her other wise she seemed shocked.

We were placed in a room on the second floor. The room was what you would expect from a Travelodge. There was extra bedding provided. The bathroom looked like it had seen better says.

When walking down the corridor to leave our room there was different music coming out of each room. This was at 7pm!

We returned to our room at approx 2.30am. We were forced to queue with drunken teenagers to show our IDs to the receptionist. There was also security there to control the drunken crowd incase something kicked off. We felt very belittled by this and have never experienced anything like this in a hotel before!

The hotel itself was fine but I felt like we were being tarred with the same brush as their general clientelle - people going to the Wright Venue. Customer Service could most definitly be improved.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your your review and my sincerest apologies to you and your colleague If you felt that you where mistreated in anyway. Due to our close proximity to Dublin Airport we try to establish all guests needs in order to ensure rooms are allocated in the interest of the guest.

For example we would generally allocate a section of the hotel to guests whom are travelling on early flights. This is the same for any guests attending late night events likewise on leisure breaks. We have introduced this procedure so as to ensure that no guests are disturbed during the night by passers by. To date it has proven very successful.

With regard to the security, We have taken on the services of a reputable security company to ensure that no unregistered persons enter the property without consent. I do apologize if you feel that this was a hindrance in anyway although as you can see from previous reviews there had been a problem that has since been resolved using these methods.

I wish to thank you once again for your review and I hope this experience will not deter you from staying with us again.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed in the Travelodge, Swords for just one night. I was convinced that all Travelodges would cost approx €35 per night and was surprised to find out that it was more than that. As I preferred to stay in Airside Business Park area Travelodge was the most reasonable I could get. I found the hotel quite basic, with furniture in urgent need for replacement (there was a hole in the desk). It was quite clean. Lady in reception was really nice and as I was traveling from other end of Ireland it was great to have such welcome. I had scrumptious breakfast, freshly cooked in the restaurant next morning, served by really nice lady. The hotel is very average, but people working there make up for it and ensure you feel welcome. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
StephenBarry, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments.

I have to say the entire team that works here are great. Whilst we know there are issues in one or two rooms, we all knew that the one easy thing we can all do for our guests is look after them like family.

I would like to thank you for the comments though, as people rarely take the time to make a positive review and it is so absolutely motivating for all of us here to see these great reviews.
Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

Rooms are ok but its a quite dated hotel and noisy. It is not really great value, women checking in before us had to pay €169 for a room!! We could hear a door banging constantly during the night. We had an early morning flight so it is handy as the airport is only 5 mins away but didnt get much sleep so im not sure if it was worth it!! The carpet was dirty and bathroom not overly clean either. There is no room service or bar,but you can buy bottles of beer and wine for €5 behind reception. There is free parking though.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
StephenBarry, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thank you for your comments.

We are indeed located beside the airport and actually one of the few hotels, if not the only one, to have a location not directly under the incoming or outgoing flight paths. We don't have a bar here as there are so many around us in Swords, that it is impractical for us to compete with neighbouring businesses doing that which they are best at, however we do serve alcoholic beverages from the reception for the rooms and we serve them in the restaurant.

To be fair we sell our rooms on our web site in advance at very good prices, mostly at prices between €19 and €50. This is the benefit of booking in advance. If you book later or on the day of arrival this is paid for through higher prices. Most hotels in the whole of Dublin that night were selling at well over €300, in some cases over €500. I am confident that we managed to keep our heads at that difficult time and continued to be reasonable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Dublin Airport Manor
Dublin Airport Manor
#4 of 7 in Swords
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords? Share your experiences!