“Great food”
Review of Essence Bistro - CLOSED

Essence Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went here on a Saturday night with a paqrty of six for my birthday.

We were seated straight away. The a la carte menu has a good mix to suit varying tastebuds.
I had the pate to start and steak for main. Others had soup and fish.

The waitress took our orders then proceeded to collect the menus including the wine list without taking our drinks order, only after 15 mins did we get to order drinks.

My pate came beautifully presented on a wooden board complete with mason jar of pate, brioche and red onion jam. It was nice if not a bit sweet for chicken liver pate, the brioche made a change from regular toast but the piece was like a small muffin cut in half, not enough to go with a large jar of pate.

For main my steak came on an identical boad with a basket of chips. Steak was cooked to perfection, could do with a bit more seasoning though and chips were skinny fries, not a personal favourite.

Overall everyone enjoyed their meal. The place does a great business, but bar a few little things I really enjoyed it and will definitley reccomend it to others.

1  Thank theTeaInEMT
There are newer reviews for Essence Bistro

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have eaten regularly in Essence for about a year and am very impressed with the quality of the restaurant. The food is very good and the menu offers a range of options from pasta and steak to more adventurous options which means that a group with different dining needs can be catered for. I have found that the staff are very friendly and helpful (to the point where one kind waitress looked after our baby while we finished our dinner). I have never been disappointed with a decision to eat in Essence and would rate it a cut above most other restaurants in Swords and in general if we were going to eat in Swords would choose to eat here.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This restaurant in my opinion is a hidden gem in Swords village. The quality of food served, is on par, if not above that of the quality served in high end city centre restaurants. I've eaten in a lot of places in my time, but was genuinely impressed by the standard of food in Essence. Firstly, the staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. They are engaging, and in general are just lovely to deal with.

Secondly, I found the menu to be extensive and well pitched to please the majority. I've been back a few times with my husband and little baby, and have tried different dishes, and funnily each seems to be better than the last. The Beef Bourgignon and the classic Beef Burger are just scrumptious!! I've had Turkey and Ham there too and it was also delicious. I found the menu great value, and the house wine is equally so. If you're in doubt, don't hesitate because it's a very special little restaurant that serves truly lovely food and makes you feel appreciated as a customer. Who can ask for more??

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The food,service, and quality are always fantastic. The burger and wings are to die for. We always leave stuffed and very happy. The lunch menu is excellent value, two courses for €10 and lots to choose from. Kids eat free which is fantastic. The kids food is great quality. Everything is fresh. It is a hidden gem in swords. When in the pavilions shopping centre we always visit Essence. It is across the road from the main entrance to Penny's.You will not regret eating in Essence.

1  Thank Ger O
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Eat here anytime we go out, always excellent food and great service. Very children friendly for lunch/early dinner.