“Steak with Red Wine Juice sauce”

Masterson's Steak House & Wine Bar
Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Swords
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: About Masterson's ... Masterson's Steakhouse opened its doors in May 2009. After training in hotel & Catering Management, which included a stint in the famous Ballymaloe house and three years learning the ways of some of Chicago's most famous eateries, we decided the time was right to open an American Style Steakhouse. Upon Arrival we took apart the interior of the original shop, an Italian Restaurant, for refurbishment. We closed for 4 weeks and reopened on the 5th of May. The intervening Seven Years have been a fantastic adventure, a lot of our original staff are still with us, supplemented by some fantastic people who have joined our project since. All of our Steaks our 100% Irish and fully traceable farm to fork. Our salads are all sourced fresh from the farms of Rush, our vegetables also when the weather is good enough ! We have a full breakdown of nut allergies, available from chef upon request, which is also on view outside the kitchen. All of our Sauces are Gluten free, we have gluten free bread, Pasta and Pizza. We are proud to be associated with The Nutrition & Health Foundation and the Restaurants association of Ireland. The initiative is designed to enhance the range and portion size of nutritious meals available to families in the Restaurant setting. We continue to strive to be the best, to put only the best produce on your plate & to offer an experience like no other !
Swords
“Steak with Red Wine Juice sauce”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The best Steak with Red Wine Juice sauce I have ever eat !!! The prices are so reasonable and I really love the staff - they always remember us and are so genuinely lovely. Recommend the steak

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank cedryk83

• Polish first
Dublin
“A firm favourite time and again”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Having enjoyed eating at Masterson's in Swords a number of times now, I'm certain that this busy restaurant is one of those rare things - really really good, and consistently so.

In addition to being a very good steakhouse, Masterson's offers a nice range of chicken dishes, pastas, burgers, and some of the best seafood I've tasted in Dublin.

My latest visit there was last Thursday. As usual the place was busy, but we were only waiting 2 or 3 minutes before being seated for the table we'd booked. The staff are friendly and efficient, and markedly professional. They appear warm and hardworking, and now and then offer us a steer on what's particularly good on the menu.

This time, as my companion ordered his Rib-eye steak rare, he was advised 'rare' would not be so good for that particular cut of meat. He appreciated this, and changed the order to 'medium'. Our starters had been chicken wings and rack of ribs, and my main was sea bass. Both starters and mains were delicious, hot and generous. Since we were choosing from the 39.95 menu (2 starters, 2 mains, 2 desserts, total 39.95), we also enjoyed a 'Death By Chocolate' warm chocolate slice with freshly whipped cream. With a few glasses of wine, we left full and happy, having paid just over 50 euros in all.

Hats off to the hardworking staff in Masterson's, time after time they make this restaurant one of Swords' best.

Dublin, Ireland
“great friendly service”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Love going for the steak on the stone here. The prices are so reasonable and I really love the staff - they always remember us and are so genuinely lovely. Recommend the steak on the stone or the duck salad.

• Visited September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Family & friends night”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My first time in Masterson's at a family & friends night for a meal upstairs. Located on main street in Swords. On first impressions everything looked good and it turned out to be a good night. My starter of goats cheese salad was very good and very tasty and my main course of chicken with mushroom cream sauce was just right. The general feeling from the room was that everything went well and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was good as there was a lot of family & friends sitting at the one time so the staff did well to serve everyone at the same time. Service at the bar was good with friendly and polite staff and the prices are average. Murphy's Stout is the main offering and have to say quiet good but room for improvement on presentation. Overall a good night.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Expensive and average food”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We haven't been to this restaurant in a while and I must say the food and place is much deteriorated so much. I ordered pate for starters and ribs for main course. The starter was nothing like what I expected, pate tasted stale. The ribs cost €16, of which you can buy in the shops for €4 and some chipped potatoes, no presentation and no garnish. Two of the lads I was with ordered Steak, again no garnish. No TLC with the food on the plates which was so disappointing. On the back of that, we are now in October and I noticed several blue bottles flying around the place which suggests they have a problem with hygiene. It's a real shame as we used to go there quite frequently as a family with our children. I can safely say we won't be going back.

2 Thank BoroGirlburton
Robert M, Owner at Masterson's Steak House & Wine Bar, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hello Borogirl,

First off i'm very sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us, I would like to answer as best I can the issues you raise. With regard to your pate, You are obviously referring to our ballontine of duck. This is served on a rustic ciabatta bread and wrapped in procuitto, both of which can have a chewy texture, could this be what you felt was the stale feel? The fact that the dish is made to order, also makes it disappointing to hear this.
With Regard to your Ribs, we serve a full rack, which fills are largest main course plate so much that there is literally no room for garnish, we also serve a choice of Chips, Baked Potato or a Salad included.
The price we charge is €12.95 not the €16 you stated, and this gives us a 66% gp, which is the very least we can get when you take out our expenses (rent/wages/light/heat/purchase/etc).

With regard to the two other steaks, I would be interested to know which ones the were as all of our steaks are presented with at least one garnish, and most are presented with two, these also come with a choice of side included in the price.

Just on your note that there were bluebottles flying around, I find this point a tad unfair, as we operate with the highest hygiene policy, we have very strict cleaning procedures in place and in general have a very clean Restaurant. I have been here all year and even during what was a very hot summer I have been delighted with the relative non existence of flies this year. I'm not saying you didn't see them, just that maybe they were from a different source.

Finally, I want to stress that we are not getting all defensive, and it's quite clear you didn't enjoy your meal, I just think you'll appreciate more an honest and passionate response.

You are obviously familiar to our restaurant and for that reason I would love if you would give us another chance to show how good we are. My number is 018903855 or you can leave a private message on our facebook page with your details
Thanks again,