“Fantastic as ever!!!”

Ranked #6 of 68 Restaurants in Swords
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: About Masterson's ... Masterson's Steakhouse opened its doors in May 2009. After training in hotel & Catering Management, which included a stint in the famous Ballymaloe house and three years learning the ways of some of Chicago's most famous eateries, we decided the time was right to open an American Style Steakhouse. Upon Arrival we took apart the interior of the original shop, an Italian Restaurant, for refurbishment. We closed for 4 weeks and reopened on the 5th of May. The intervening Seven Years have been a fantastic adventure, a lot of our original staff are still with us, supplemented by some fantastic people who have joined our project since. All of our Steaks our 100% Irish and fully traceable farm to fork. Our salads are all sourced fresh from the farms of Rush, our vegetables also when the weather is good enough ! We have a full breakdown of nut allergies, available from chef upon request, which is also on view outside the kitchen. All of our Sauces are Gluten free, we have gluten free bread, Pasta and Pizza. We are proud to be associated with The Nutrition & Health Foundation and the Restaurants association of Ireland. The initiative is designed to enhance the range and portion size of nutritious meals available to families in the Restaurant setting. We continue to strive to be the best, to put only the best produce on your plate & to offer an experience like no other !
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Visited Mastersons last night (not 1st time). Party of 7 accommodated without a booking. Food was absolutely beautiful. Everything from my niece's kiddie's pepperoni pizza to the steaks were top quality and perfectly cooked. Early bird until 7.30pm Monday to Thursday is such good value for €16.95 and unlike some restaurants the portion size is exactly as it would be if I ordered from the regular menu.

1  Thank D5Irl
Robert M, Owner at Masterson's Steak House & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hi, Just to say thank you so much for your kind Review.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I ate here for the 2nd time with my girlfriend Jan 2013. Id heard good things about it after being un impressed on my first visit so I decided to give it another try however once again found it distinctly average and a little over priced. I requested a table upstairs as I heard the Piano entertainment and singing was impressive however they gave me the 1 table furthest away from the piano in the corner with no sight. The steak is average and my girlfriends chicken supreme was like canteen food from work. It seems to do well because their are little competition for a Steak restaurant/pan European type in Swords.
Their are much better options in Swords for this money in my opinion.

Hello Daithi1980,
Thank you for your review, first off please let me apologise for your less than satisfactory experience in our restaurant. Unfortunately i don't have any memory of your visit to us as it was four months ago and your review was made last week.
I was wondering did you ask to move table when you couldn't see the music? We always will accommodate people wherever possible. Did you book your table? Or arrive on spec? Did you request upstairs when you booked? I'm just trying to work out why you weren't looked after for a table where you could see the music. Maybe it just wasn't possible.
The only thing I would slightly take offence to is the food aspect, our steaks our 100% prime hereford beef, of which only 100 farmers in Ireland are producing. We don't actually do supreme of Chicken. Finally there is another steakhouse straight across the road so there is plenty of competition .. Having said all that I would love the opportunity to make this up to you. Maybe you could call me directly on 01 8903855, i would be delighted to look after you personally on your next visit.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I really would have given matersons 5 stars except it can be hit and miss. I've been many times and sometimes the service is excellent but particularly on saturday nights the service is terrible. Food is always good which is what brings me back and their chicken wings are amazing. Upstairs is my preference as downstairs sometimes you can't hear yourself think over the cooking and sometimes too loud background music.

1  Thank klur12

Hello Philmoor,
Thank you for your kind review, with regard to the saturday service issue, as you can understand, sat is our busiest night and therefore can get somewhat hectic !
We continually strive to improve the service we provide, we take all criticism on board, especially the constructive kind such as yours, with a view to using the information to improve again and again.
Thanks Again, and i'm glad you enjoy our food.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have been to this restaurant more times than I can list, both with family and with business and the one thing that sticks out for me is the consistency . The food is superb especially the fillet on the stone mmmmm. It's always busy even on a Monday night so make sure to book.

Hi, We'd just like to say thank you so much for your kind review.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Visited this steak house for the first time and the staff gave attention very quickly. This was on a Friday evening without any reservation so we only had to wait few minutes. The fact that you can see into the kitchen area like hell's kitchen or masterchef is a great idea. For a food lover it's very entertaining to see what going on in the kitchen like. Went for a rib eye steak that was under 20 EUR, they also had steak on a stone. The serving came very quick so I was very happy with that. The only thing that let it down is that it wasn't the best steak ever. I used to eat a lot of steaks and I know then it's fantastic or not. Overall I would recommend it for the friendly staff and atmosphere.

1  Thank Peter S

Hi Peter, I'd just like to say thank you so much for your kind Review.