“Great food, great value, great staff”

Masterson's Steak House & Wine Bar
Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Swords
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: About Masterson's ... Masterson's Steakhouse opened its doors in May 2009. After training in hotel & Catering Management, which included a stint in the famous Ballymaloe house and three years learning the ways of some of Chicago's most famous eateries, we decided the time was right to open an American Style Steakhouse. Upon Arrival we took apart the interior of the original shop, an Italian Restaurant, for refurbishment. We closed for 4 weeks and reopened on the 5th of May. The intervening Seven Years have been a fantastic adventure, a lot of our original staff are still with us, supplemented by some fantastic people who have joined our project since. All of our Steaks our 100% Irish and fully traceable farm to fork. Our salads are all sourced fresh from the farms of Rush, our vegetables also when the weather is good enough ! We have a full breakdown of nut allergies, available from chef upon request, which is also on view outside the kitchen. All of our Sauces are Gluten free, we have gluten free bread, Pasta and Pizza. We are proud to be associated with The Nutrition & Health Foundation and the Restaurants association of Ireland. The initiative is designed to enhance the range and portion size of nutritious meals available to families in the Restaurant setting. We continue to strive to be the best, to put only the best produce on your plate & to offer an experience like no other !
dublin ireland
“Great food, great value, great staff”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Went for dinner in Masterson's last Sat for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed the night. When we arrived the place was packed so we were seated upstairs where there was some music which made the atmosphere great. There was four of us so we had various starters, I had the crab and scallop terrine, the others had thai beef salad, sizzling prawns and buffalo wings all of which were delicious, empty plates all round. For mains again various meals, I had the sea bass which was gorgeous and there were no complaints from my other diners. We shared two cheesecakes and then had hot expressos all washed down with 2 crisp bottles of pinot grigio. This restaurant is fantastic, great food, great value, great staff and great decor (especially enjoyed the Marilyn Monroe wallpaper in the toilets). So if your in the Swords area, you HAVE to try this restaurant, you wont be disappointed but dont forget to book.

• Visited October 2011

• Polish first
dublin
“A gem”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Just on the main street Swords, you can't miss it. Arrived to the restaurant with one other. The place looked empty from outside. The gentleman at the door hesitated at first to accommodate us because we had no reservation but re checked and seated us, however, with a timeframe of one and a half hours because the table was booked for later. The staff were attentive and friendly. The menu was fabulous and we both had starters to die for and the main was exquisite also. Everything was so tasty, down to the side salad. Had no room for dessert. We weren't rushed and we thoroughly enjoyed the food and atmosphere. As we were leaving the queues were forming outside the door and we could see why. 5*

Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My family and I go here quite often and the food is always good, as is the service. I love going back. Their menu suits all tastes and it's great value for money.

Dublin, Ireland
“falling standards”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

last trip cold burgers this trip fish that was off however very pleasant female staff though some foreign male staff an unhealthy habit of placing there right thumb on top of the plate touching the food when serving, we observed this on several occasions also on management and some cooking staff seem to have a turnover which might account for some lack of coordination.

1 Thank dietician
dublin
“A truly magnificent restaurant!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I went to this resturant with my wife and two kids last Wednesday, a friend of mine had recommended it to me and told me to book which i did even though it was only Wednesday. First of all there is no recession in this place, it was full, with a great buzz. We where greeted by a very friendly gentleman when we arrived and seated promptly. I had the buffalo wings to start, seabass for mains and shared banoffi pie with my wife for desert. It was perfect. Although my wife ordered the steak on the stone, I think it was rib eye, i was so jealous it looked lovely and tasted devine. I would definitley recommend this restaurant. I'll will be back there very soon - rib eye steak on the stone next time.

1 Thank gunnervin