“Just ok”

Ranked #6 of 65 Restaurants in Swords
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: About Masterson's ... Masterson's Steakhouse opened its doors in May 2009. After training in hotel & Catering Management, which included a stint in the famous Ballymaloe house and three years learning the ways of some of Chicago's most famous eateries, we decided the time was right to open an American Style Steakhouse. Upon Arrival we took apart the interior of the original shop, an Italian Restaurant, for refurbishment. We closed for 4 weeks and reopened on the 5th of May. The intervening Seven Years have been a fantastic adventure, a lot of our original staff are still with us, supplemented by some fantastic people who have joined our project since. All of our Steaks our 100% Irish and fully traceable farm to fork. Our salads are all sourced fresh from the farms of Rush, our vegetables also when the weather is good enough ! We have a full breakdown of nut allergies, available from chef upon request, which is also on view outside the kitchen. All of our Sauces are Gluten free, we have gluten free bread, Pasta and Pizza. We are proud to be associated with The Nutrition & Health Foundation and the Restaurants association of Ireland. The initiative is designed to enhance the range and portion size of nutritious meals available to families in the Restaurant setting. We continue to strive to be the best, to put only the best produce on your plate & to offer an experience like no other !
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was my 1st experience at this restaurant and maybe it was slightly tainted. We went for a friends birthday, 13 of us[all girls].
I think they looked at us and said we'll make a bit of money off them before they serve the food. We arrived at 7 and ordered our food, it wasnt until they had taking 2 rounds of drinks orders did they bring out the starter. This was after 8. we were starving.
I got the chicken wings and personally I didnt like them,
They were covered in bbq sauce and they were grizzly, not crispy at all[I hate chicken wings] like that.
I got the sea bass, it was lovely and the rib eye was gorgeous.
It was just spoiled by the service and the fact that they include their tip in your bill without consulting if the you enjoyed the meal.
Hopefully this is a one off but I wont be back

2  Thank yvonne9
There are newer reviews for Masterson's Steak House & Wine Bar

Reviewed June 28, 2011

We ate at Masterson's on our last night in ireland. The food was excellent and the service was good. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere. I would eat here again.

Reviewed May 10, 2011

Went here for a small birthday party about 6 of us in total, all food was amazing and the service was first class. Looking forward to my next visit. Oh the burger is massive only get it if your hungry or would eat a lot, really worth a visit.

Reviewed March 30, 2011

I've been going to Mastersons for a little over a year now. The quality of food/service for such a good price had drawn us back time after time. Recently however we've noticed we've become bored with the menu. I'm not asking for a complete overhaul but perhaps one or two new dishes for those of us that practically live in the place!

Reviewed December 31, 2010

Ate at Mastersons last evening. very tasty food, nice friendly staff (of which there was many!) and best of all it was good value for money. As long as all of the above remain, (especially the value for money, as going out for dinner is a real treat now) I will return and recommend it to others.

1  Thank Middleofthepack