“Nice Place”

Kettles Country House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here for a night on our trip to Ireland two weeks ago. I'ts very close to the airport and we had rented a car so access was easy for us and we also had free parking at the hotel. The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and we ate in the restaurant that night as it was open til 10pm. The food was very nice and the guinness irish bread was a treat (we couldn't find it anywhere else in Ireland on our trip as nice). The room was spacious and clean and we enjoyed our stay. We skipped breakfast as we had an early start, but it looked like a great choice. Thanks to Sebastion for showing us how to work the sat nav. Would recommend.

There are newer reviews for Kettles Country House Hotel

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed in kettles a number of weeks ago when we were flying out of Dublin Airport as we could leave the car free of charge. We arrived the night before, dropped the bags & went straight into the "snug" for a drink. The atmosphere around it was amazing and the barman donal was extremely friendly. We could not believe such a amazing little bar in a Hotel. We then moved up to the lounge where clodagh looked after us from start to finish, what an asset to the business. The food was mouth-watering & extremely good value. We hit the bed early so to be fresh for our flight and had a very comfortable nights sleep. We had a brilliant holiday and decided to stay in kettles when we came back again for a night where our stay was just as pleasurable. This is an outstanding hotel that has it all, The character, the quality food & drink and without doubt its biggest asset is their staff. We will definitely be back soon :)

1  Thank Michelle h
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is quite rural, and only practicable if you have a car. If you have, Kettles is well situated for access to the airport and the north of the city. Accommodation is fine, and the breakfasts are excellent (though the Saturday breakfast seems to be a very leisurely affair, with staff only starting to serve at 8.30am!). The bar food looked fine and seemed to be going down well with the diners, but we decided to try the good-value Early Bird menu upstairs instead - a big mistake! The garlic mushrooms had been deep-fried in oil that seemed to be well past its sell-by date and were inedible - I struggled manfully to eat a small amount before giving up on them, spouse refused even try one. Main course of steak was somewhat better, being more or less edible, but far from enjoyable. Accompanying chips were huge but tasteless! Waiter was very apologetic and the bill was reduced to compensate for awful mushrooms and poor main course. It's a pity that this bad meal spoiled an otherwise satisfactory stay. My advice: stick with the bar food! We would stay in Kettles again, but no more Early Birds!

1  Thank Tom_Yerman
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was at your hotel this weekend for a close friend of mines wedding !! When arriving to hotel I was told I had only booked one room !! Which I know I did nt ! I booked two a room for my partner and I, second room for my partners parents who had came over from Liverpool !! This Was the worst start to our day !! Manager barbara was dealing with us and we found her unprofessional and unfriendly !! We had booked our rooms months in advance, also other guests had problems with there room booking !! This is the last thing you want happening on a big day like this !!!! This set a bad atmosphere for my family and I.

2  Thank Kailucas
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend and had a great time. I found the staff very friendly and a big thanks to Marian (hope you enjoyed the fruit n nut).
The food in the bar both nights was fantastic as well.
I'll return for sure.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I always stay here when on business i Ireland, and was so happy with the place I brought my family over when we came on holiday. 10 minutes from the airport, but very quiet. Right in the countryside and excellent stopover just north of Dublin, Rooms are spacious and really well equipped, showers excellent and nice toiletries. Especial mention to the family room right at the front - AMAZING!. Staff are efficient and happy to help. Food is perfectly adequate and everything is exceptional value. Loads of parking and a really comfortable feel - I would recommend to any type of traveller.

Room Tip: Family rooms are huge. rooms at back overlook fields
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had a family party here last night age I cannot praise the hotel enough. From food to service I rate it ten. Extremely reasonable price wise too! Well done to Marian on reception for her efficiency. We definitely will recommend it to friends!

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Roganstown Hotel and Country Club
Ashbourne Court Hotel
Ashbourne Court Hotel
#3 of 3 in Ashbourne
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords

Been to Kettles Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!