“Good Food”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I booked this hotel with no knowledge of were it was and was a little disappointed that it was further from Swords than I had anticipated, however, the Carvery we got on Sunday evening was fabulous and I was happy to have a couple of drinks in the hotel and retire early. The room was clean and bright, the bed was extremely comfortable and the room big enough for another double bed. Fried spuds served with our full Irish - bliss!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BandM513

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed on Saturday night with a groupon voucher. Found it handy enough, tho it is in the middle of nowhere but it's lovely to be away from the traffic. The rooms are lovely, nice size. I did find a huge cobweb on the lamp on the table & it was covered in dust but I just cleaned it!!! Food was really lovely, and the bar was comfortable & nicely furnished. Staff were really nice aswell. It was an early nite for us as we ate & drank too much early so couldn't stay up!! There was a dj on and a party, but we couldn't hear a thing from our room which was great. All in all a lovely stay & we will defo stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Downpatrick
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I booked Kettles for a weekend break for my wife & I. We booked through Groupon. I'm not a big fan of Groupon as I've had a couple of bad experiences with purchases but decided to give Kettles a try. Remote location about 8K outside Swords. Staff were friendly - room (upgrade to Executive for which I paid an additional €15/night) was lovely. Couple of small issues - no milk for the Tea/Coffee & limited space for hanging clothes. One small space also occupied by the Iron & Board.

My main issues was the noise during the night. A function was on & the constant bang, bang, bang until 02:21 was annoying specially as I had to phone down to the reception to ask what time it would stop. There was also considerable noise from residents going to their rooms. Second night 04:25 noise from the room next to mine - some drunk woman shouting for her handbag. I heard someone out in the corridor & went out - the Hotel porter was coming out of the room. I asked him to stop the noise.

Sorry but even though the staff were nice & the food was great our stay was ruined by noise at night. I know its a local hotel & seems to attract a lot of locals staying (based on first name term conversations with staff & the night porter coming out of the room next to ours ) they do not seem to want to attract weekend breakers looking for some rest & relaxation!!

Room Tip: Don't book it if you're looking for peace & quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M V
Marden, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was a guest for the event and cannot fault the the hotel or the staff. the food was delicious and the portions generous to say the least. My room was comfortable and clean. A really good experience. Our flight home was cancelled at the last minute and our party needed three rooms for the extra night which were supplied even though it was a Saturday night and we took the last three rooms. A very friendly and well organised hotel.

Marden, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We held our wedding at Kettles. As we are based in the UK most of the arrangements were made by phone and e-mail. From our first contact with Barbara, the functions manager, it became apparent that nothing was too much trouble. The wedding itself was absolutely superb and words cannot express our thanks to all the friendly staff. Kettles is a family owned and run hotel and the owner, Colin was present throughout our stay. We had 45 guests and about half stayed from the day before to the day after the wedding. All of our guests had nothing but praise for the accommodation and the service they received. The bridal suite is amazing. The food was fantastic. Our only complaint would be the portion sizes, they are enormous lol. All in all our stay could not be faulted. A true home from home, Thank you Kettles.

Room Tip: We would recommend the bridal suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peter M
Southampton
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Fantastic Hospitality, Staff, Food, just everything was perfect. Stayed there three nights and I have never felt so welcome and relaxed had a wonderful time can’t thank the staff and owner enough. The entertainment and service was fantastic and if you love your food you will be in heaven here fantastic menu and gigantic portions not for the faint hearted.
Absolutely superb

Room Tip: There all good you will not be dissapointed
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Spent 3 days for a friends wedding. The stay at Kettles was fantastic from the start, picked up and dropped back via courtesy mini bus. Although the wedding was diefinitely the best evening the entertainment every night was good. The highlight was the food, it was superb and I could not beleive the portion size. Me and the hubby are not picky eaters but we had to order one meal between on our last night which has never been known! The rooms and decor was lovely but that was also outshone by the friendly "nothings too much trouble " attitude of the staff! Overall more than happy with the expeirience and one I would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Roganstown Hotel and Country Club
Dublin Airport Manor
Dublin Airport Manor
#6 of 7 in Swords
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Kettles Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!