“Warm & Welcoming”

Kettles Country House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Just back from an overnight stay B&B with my 3 friends. The hotel is out of swords in a lovely country location close to the golf course. The staff are so friendly & helpful especially kiera at reception & Bridget who looked after our food, drinks & breakfast order. Great homely atmosphere & we had great sing song in the bar. Great having late checkout (2pm) as we had time to relax before heading to the pavilion shopping centre in swords. Will definitely go back to the kettles hotel

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 14, 2012

my husband and I stayed in this hotel on 8th july using a groupon deal--55euro for b&b + late check out. the rooms are huge, bathrooms medium sized, with shower over bath. our first room unfortunately had a bed which was in need of repair(the head was way lower that the end) but once mentioned to reception she came up to see and immediately moved us to another room. an upgrade was offered, however as she said that room was over the bar and could be noisy we declined it. It was very quiet overnight, however, when we opened the window there was an air-conditioning unit outside which was quite noisy but once window closed was not a problem. The bed was fairly comfortable. There was no fan in the bathroom, however the shower was good. Breakfast was limited, no sign of fruit salad, a small selection of boxed cereals and a full irish made to order, which was plentiful and tasty. The late check out to 2pm was great for us as we were heading straight for a hospital appointment. A pity no-one asked how my stay was on check-out especially as we had had the inconvience of moving rooms!

Room Tip: beware the executive room over the bar and outside smoking area
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Clean, comfortable and not far from the airport. The food was good and we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This Hotel was very comfortable to stop in and it was very well presented we just felt some of the little things were missed.

I'll start on a high note and that is that the food was fantastic, we had breakfast each day of our stay and it was high quality sausages and bacon and cooked really quickly really nice and we also had lunch in the restaurant and not only was it a very decent portion size it tasted fantastic, I had a Breaded Chicken wrap and you could tell the chicken was fresh and breaded in house.

Now onto the unfortunate little things, the WiFi that is advertised is so weak in the rooms that it commonly just drops out so pretty pointless and it also doesn't work out in the bar/restaurant.

The room which was nicely decorated and had all the needed amenities did seem to have very thin walls, I could hear our neighbours taking showers. Also Showers have no direction on the tap to which way is hot and cold and while not the most difficult thing in the world to work out and blue and red arrow pointing in the directions wouldn't go a miss.

If you want to use this hotel to visit Dublin I wouldn't really advise it as the transport links are pretty bad, taxi into Swords is £10 and the buses only go past 4 times a day according to their reception.

My Final gripe is food after 9, it is limited to sandwiches and when asked the receptionist if they knew of any take aways that we could use she simply responded with "I guess you could order a take away but I have no information to any", their are take aways in Swords town just a 5 minute drive down the road though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jrmurray86
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed at a family function at the start of the year. The rooms were spacious and the clean. I booked a table for dinner with my boyfriend and the waitress was amazing. She was so attentive and double checked everything with the chef with regards to dietary requirements. Check in and out were painless. It was a lovely comfy hotel for a night stay and very close to Swords.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I purchased one of the "City Deal's Afternoon Tea in Kettles" We were there recently for Afternoon Tea and our verdict is very good value and very enjoyable. The waiter was pleasant and helpful. The sandwitches cheese cake/apple tart were freshly prepared. But the scones weren't fresh I would say a day old which was a pity. Apart from that I would recommed it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here for a night with my family. The staff were lovely. The rooms were clean and warm and we had a very comfortable sleep. Breakfast in the morning was relaxed and made to order meaning it was hot and delicious. All in all we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Roganstown Hotel and Country Club
Clontarf Castle Hotel
Clontarf Castle Hotel
#3 of 152 in Dublin
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Kettles Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!