“Nice Hotel to stay in when flying in or out”

Kettles Country House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Swords
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Clean, comfortable and not far from the airport. The food was good and we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This Hotel was very comfortable to stop in and it was very well presented we just felt some of the little things were missed.

I'll start on a high note and that is that the food was fantastic, we had breakfast each day of our stay and it was high quality sausages and bacon and cooked really quickly really nice and we also had lunch in the restaurant and not only was it a very decent portion size it tasted fantastic, I had a Breaded Chicken wrap and you could tell the chicken was fresh and breaded in house.

Now onto the unfortunate little things, the WiFi that is advertised is so weak in the rooms that it commonly just drops out so pretty pointless and it also doesn't work out in the bar/restaurant.

The room which was nicely decorated and had all the needed amenities did seem to have very thin walls, I could hear our neighbours taking showers. Also Showers have no direction on the tap to which way is hot and cold and while not the most difficult thing in the world to work out and blue and red arrow pointing in the directions wouldn't go a miss.

If you want to use this hotel to visit Dublin I wouldn't really advise it as the transport links are pretty bad, taxi into Swords is £10 and the buses only go past 4 times a day according to their reception.

My Final gripe is food after 9, it is limited to sandwiches and when asked the receptionist if they knew of any take aways that we could use she simply responded with "I guess you could order a take away but I have no information to any", their are take aways in Swords town just a 5 minute drive down the road though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jrmurray86
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed at a family function at the start of the year. The rooms were spacious and the clean. I booked a table for dinner with my boyfriend and the waitress was amazing. She was so attentive and double checked everything with the chef with regards to dietary requirements. Check in and out were painless. It was a lovely comfy hotel for a night stay and very close to Swords.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I purchased one of the "City Deal's Afternoon Tea in Kettles" We were there recently for Afternoon Tea and our verdict is very good value and very enjoyable. The waiter was pleasant and helpful. The sandwitches cheese cake/apple tart were freshly prepared. But the scones weren't fresh I would say a day old which was a pity. Apart from that I would recommed it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here for a night with my family. The staff were lovely. The rooms were clean and warm and we had a very comfortable sleep. Breakfast in the morning was relaxed and made to order meaning it was hot and delicious. All in all we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed here last weekend for one night, at a Wedding Renewal Ceremony. The girl on reception welcomed us in a lovely way, our room was not ready, so we waited in the bar. We only had to wait about 10 minutes, we had a room on ground floor. Lovely spacious room, with nice bright bathroom. Iron and ironing board, tea & coffee, and a view of nice green fields. and near enough to swords shopping centre to drive to and have a look around.
The meal that night was lovely and tasty. The bar was full with people eating the carvery, so its obviously good food too.
We had a great breakfast the next morning, with anything you wanted.
All in all this was a good hotel, with great staff, and the price was brilliate @ 79.00 for two including breakfast.

Room Tip: We had ground floor, as my husband smokes. But I would think they are all good rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed here last august with my mom in law . When we arrived we were really surprized at the top class room that Ciara the receptionist gave us . I had explained on booking that my mom in law was nt well and could she give us a quiet twin room . Ciara gave us a triple suit which looked more like the bridal suit. We had to laugh it was beautiful and huge . Ciara could nt have been nicer or any more accomadating. Evening meal was included along with a complimentary bottle of wine . We travelled all along the Malahide coastline down to Howth for afternoon chips by the sea. It was truly a wonderful experience one we wont forget. I would highly recommend Kettles family run hotel. Enjoy

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank belone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swords
Roganstown Hotel and Country Club
Carnegie Court Hotel
Carnegie Court Hotel
#4 of 7 in Swords
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords

Been to Kettles Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!