“Why a minimum cost to use Debit Card”

McLoughlins at Roganstown
Ranked #33 of 62 Restaurants in Swords
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dining at RoganstownIf you are looking for an exceptional restaurant in Swords North Dublin, look no further that Roganstown Hotel Dublin Airport. In McLoughlins restaurant Swords you will enjoy excellent international cuisine prepared from fresh local produce and served with the intoxicating hospitality of the Roganstown team.Open for dinner 7 days a weekEarly Bird menu served from 5.30pm to 7pm A La Carte always availableFantastic value Sunday LunchExceptional atmosphere and ambienceEasy parkingSuperb value for money
Dublin
“Why a minimum cost to use Debit Card”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I recently went to Rolestown Garden Centre outside Swords (fabulous centre if you are near Swords) and on the way back decided to call into Roganstown and treat myself to lunch. I ordered a sandwich and a coffee and the bill came to Euro 8.45 or thereabouts. I handed over my Debit card and was informed that there was a minimum charge of 10 euro to use a debit card. I was a bit taken aback and said this to the waitress who then helpfully suggested I order a soft drink. (No, why should I, I didnt want one), but I politely declined. I left and then thought about this and returned and asked why there was a minimum charge for the use of a debit card which costs a company nothing. There was no explanation other than it being what she was told to do. This type of codology really puts me off and I for one wont be returning.

• Visited July 2013
FingalRaven, Owner at McLoughlins at Roganstown, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear TrustyDublin, you might not be aware that when you use your debit card the retailer (in this case Roganstown) is charged a fixed fee on the transaction no matter what the value by the processing bank. We work to very tight margins (for example more than €1 of the €8 or so you spent here was a VAT charge and 25 cents card charge) so we have to put a minimum charge on a debit card transaction so that we can cover the cost. We apologise for the inconvenience but we have no alternative - unless we add the fixed charge to a customers bill which would probably not be very popular. I assure you this is no codology!!

“Ripped-off at the bar”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

While at our business Golf Society outing recently we went for a drink afterwards in the bar, I was driving so asked for a drink of Sprite which amounted marginally more than half a pint, I was charged 6 euros for this!, I asked the barman was this correct and he confirmed it was while looking at me like I just asked him to donate a kidney,, this is not 2006 anymore when you rip off customers, I finished my drink and left and wont be back,

FingalRaven, Owner at McLoughlins at Roganstown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
A Sprite costs €3 in the bar at Roganstown, This gentleman was clear in what he wanted, he ordered a PINT of sprite which is 2 bottles of Sprite in a pint glass with ice- hence 6 Euros. Our bar prices are compared regularly with all of the bars in the locality and we always come out below average in price.
Dublin, Ireland
“Relax atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently went for dinner to Mc Loughlins in Roganstown Hotel with a group of friends of mine. We had really enjoyable evening. The atmosphere was very relaxed. I had the beef which was recommended by the waiter. It was excellent. Everyone in our group had a great meal. We have organised to meet up in six months time and we have decided to go back to Roganstown.

• Visited January 2013
“First Class!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

A networking group I attend met for dinner in McLoughlins at Roganstown for a belated Christmas get together. Champagne reception to start followed by an excellent 3 course meal. Served by very happy and accommodating staff. Highly recommended....keep up the good work.

• Visited January 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing food! Best steak in North county Dublin”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I visited roganstown in jan and have to say the staff were lovely and the meal was superb! Great value for money too. The big fire in the dining room makes you want to stay all night!!!