“No misteaks”

The Little Red Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Full service restaurant featuring lunch, dinner. with a full bar, three dining areas, outdoor seating. Open daily. Situated overlooking the beautiful Indian Hills Golf Course.
“No misteaks”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Lovely place and in a lovely area of Arkansas. I had one of the specials offered the evening I was there, which included a ribeye steak. I ordered medium but what came out was more well-done than medium. I was tired from a long drive and just didn't want to make a fuss so I didn't say anything. One of the owners stopped by to chat and to see how things were and noticed that my steak wasn't what I had ordered. She immediately said I will get you another one and headed to the kitchen to get it going.

I was a little surprised that she noticed because she hadn't taken my order, one of the wait staff had. I was even more surprised when she said I could keep the one I had. (Made mean sandwich the next day!)

Deb Ivanor and Jeannie Stone are the owners and obviously take great pride in getting things right.

Worth the drive!

• Visited June 2013

Fairfield Bay, Arkansas
“Lil Red Revisited”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Okay, I gave The Little Red a pretty hard time in my last review...especially about their Meat Loaf (which I did not see on their menu just this past Saturday, 8/31). My wife and I were back in town checking out the remodeling of our home over Labor Day weekend and decided to give 'em another shot. So, we had dinner on Saturday night...the prime rib was p-e-r-f-e-c-t....not overly salted as last visit. We enjoyed our dinner and as we were leaving one of the managers invited us to have their Sunday brunch...and mentioned the "magic word" to me...Eggs Benedict (I am a sucker for them).
Sunday we arrived around 9:30, were seated quickly (guess we beat the church crowd rush), handed the menus and were told about their brunch drink specials...$4 bloody marys and mimosas. Sure why not...let me say that whatever their "secret" bloody mary mix is, it is wonderful...not too spicy but still a bit of an after-burn...VERY good. Now, to the meal: My wife ordered cream filled crepes w/cinnamon apple compote...and of course I ordered the eggs benedict. Both dishes are accompanied with their homemade sausage patties and their top secret recipe potato hash. Yes, Potato Hash! The food arrived and both of us were extremely pleased. I swear, their eggs benedict would make a New Orleans chef jealous...perfect hollandaise sauce. The sausage patties were delicious. My wife's crepes...well let me just say there was a very clean plate when she finished and she couldn't stop raving about how good it was. Potato Hash..an interesting mixture/blend of potato, I think I tasted cream cheese, cheddar cheese and a slight hint of onion...all in a cream (for the lack of a better term) sauce which is served "browned" and appeared to be put on the dish with an ice cream scoop....think of a serving of corned-beef hash... at a diner. OMG it was fantastic.
Now our only problem is that we are "hooked" and will be spending every Sunday morning once we move up there permanently.
GREAT food...super service....darn fair prices.

Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were in Arkansas visiting family and had the best meal here! Every part of our meal was wonderful from the owners and waitstaff to the food. Everything is homemade and amazing. The people that work here are very accommodating and cater to everyone's needs. Next time we are in Fairfield Bay we will definitely eat here!

1 Thank Kirsten W
Morristown, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious !!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I live in New Jersey and every time we visit Arkansas we make sure we come to The Little Red River Restaurant. We know if we want GREAT DELICIOUS food, and GOOD service we will get it there. EVERYTHING in the menu taste good. Deb and Jeannie always make sure to greet the customers and make them feel at home.

1 Thank J S
“Perfect”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Little Red catered our high school reunion and it was perfect. Perfect food, perfect size place, perfect price, and perfect service. It's your loss if you don't try the Little Red!

1 Thank ArtravelA