Falling asleep to the sound of the sea is simply bliss!!! So my one big tip if you're going to stay in the sandhouse is to 'ask for a seaview room'. We had only booked a standard room but upon arrival, we happened to ask if there was any seaview rooms still available and the very pleasant receptionist was more than happy to accomodate our request.
If you're looking for a crazy party weekend, then the Sandhouse probably isnt the destination for you, but it truly is an old-school romantic, relaxing hotel. A long walk on the beach and a pint at smugglers creek is recommended too. The surfing looked like great fun aswell! And the food in the restaurant was divine with excellent service ( the new dining room now looks over the sea too which really makes a difference). I'll definetly be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4 star manor house hotel is located on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean overlooking Donegal Bay and Rossnowlagh Beach. Award winning cuisine, fine wine and local staff mix to give a truly relaxing experience. Marine spa with seaweed bath, Jacuzzi steam room and 8 treatments rooms is a must visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandhouse Hotel Rossnowlagh
- Sandhouse Hotel County Donegal, Ireland - Rossnowlagh