This Hotel is located right on Rossnowlagh beach. There are panoramic views over the bay and down the wide stretch of beach with the mountains in the back group. We were so lucky in that the skies were blue for the time we were there and the beautiful deserted beaches around Killybegs and Ardara were shades Caribbean blues and greens and soft white sands and coral sands.
The rooms were nice and bathrooms fresh and clean. Comfortable beds and powerful shower, flat screen TV. The linen on the beds was of good quality but there have brown blankets on the beds that looked very outdated. There are only visible after you have slept in them but they really need to be updates.
The staff across all areas were really friendly and helpful. A credit to the hotel and the Donegal “no bother” attitude to life, nothing you could ask for would cause them any bother.
The Surfers bar had a young crowd in it the night we were there, and dancing and music. All very lively and friendly.
Great full service breakfast again overlooking the beach.
I would definitely revisit this hotel, good value and a treat at the same time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4 star manor house hotel is located on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean overlooking Donegal Bay and Rossnowlagh Beach. Award winning cuisine, fine wine and local staff mix to give a truly relaxing experience. Marine spa with seaweed bath, Jacuzzi steam room and 8 treatments rooms is a must visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sandhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandhouse Hotel Rossnowlagh
- Sandhouse Hotel County Donegal, Ireland - Rossnowlagh