“Just lovely” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gaslight Restaurant and B&B

The Gaslight Restaurant and B&B
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Gaslight Restaurant and B&B sit's on the cliff face overlooking Donegal Bay, The Blue Stack Mountains and the blue flag beach of Rossnowlagh.At The Gaslight we offer superb food and hospitality in true Irish tradition.
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“Just lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went here on Easter Monday - was busy and we thought we wouldn't be able to get a table but owner advised if we didn't mind only having a main then we could have a table as they had a lot of reservations coming in at 8 - I had the best burger ever in my life and partner had great fillet steak - in all the ambience, level of service and view makes this a great place to have dinner and I am definitely going back again!

• Visited April 2013

Wesport Ireland
“The Gaslight Restaurant & B&B - Never again - give this a miss”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently stayed in the Gaslight Restaurant & B&B and ate dinner and breakfast there. Although the setting is absolutely beautiful and our room was good (just lacking tea/coffee facilities and a hairdryer) again its all about the setting, so I can't critizise the room but I can't even begin to describe just how terrible the welcome was by the owners and the food! I was asked to physically show the credit card I had booked with (as if I was not going to pay or something!). Dinner was truly awful, 9 overcooked dried up mussels, greasy tasteless batter on the tasteless fish, overcooked salmon, tasteless bland cheesecake, all topped off by 2 big mugs of coffee that was so strong and bitter that it was undrinkable but still charged for and a large sugar pourer slapped down on the table!! All the food seemed to come out of the freezer and be cooked by the owners, not a chef in sight. Really unbelievable service, attitude and food. I am ashamed to say this kind of food and service is being served up to tourists when they come to stay here. I have learnt a valuable lesson and next time I am in Rossnowlagh I will stick with dining in the Smuggler's Creek next door which has a good reputation and has qualifed experienced chefs, something the Gaslight think they can do without. The Gaslight is only jumping on the tails of the Smuggler's Creek and hoping to get the overflow of visitors that the Smuggler's cannot accommodate. So give the Gaslight a miss if you are in the area, unless you like bad food, bad service but a fab location and scenery. Go next door to the Smuggler's Creek or down the hill across the beach to the Sandhouse Hotel.

• Visited April 2013
7 Thank Ross32WesportIreland
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Pizza with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We seen online that this place had started making fresh stonebaked pizzas so we decided to go today. We ordered 2 pizzas. A margherita for the kids to share and spicy for my husband and I to share. The were fantastic. We really enjoyed them. My husband also had the mussels to start and really enjoyed them too. The view alone is enough to visit the Gaslight but we will be back again soon for more pizza!

• Visited March 2013
Clones, Ireland
“Will give it another chance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I decided to eat in The Gaslight after friends bragged about the excellent food, although i was quite disappointed. However this could be due to the fact we cam in very late and was close to closing time which i know doesn't help. The staff were more than helpful and understanding, i just felt the food wasn't up to the standard i was expecting- this could be due to our lateness. So i would definitely eat here again.I must say the location and views are fantastic. Will share my second experience again, to see if i enjoyed it any better!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
armagh,ireland
“"Great food and hospitality"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great place to eat with fantastic views over the bay,very helpful and attentive owners,excellent value for money,Will definitly come back again.I would have no problem recommending this restaurant .

• Visited March 2013