“Nice surf shop”

Fin McCool Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fin McCool Surf School based in Rossnowlagh, Co.Donegal on the north-west coast of Ireland, provides an enjoyable and safe introduction to the ever growing exhilarating sport of Surfing.Our shop and changing facilities are located right on the shorefront in Rossnowlagh so you literally stroll straight down on to the beach. No Buses or long walks.....
Woodstock, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice surf shop”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Really great shop. Could not have been more helpful outfitting my husband for surfing. They even delivered the board and wetsuit to our hotel.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank maggiedbailey

Whistler, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“amazio”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

felt that the staff were family and are really great at making us feel welcome in a place away from home.
equipment was safe and new, felt safe in the knowledge that the instructors know what they were taking about and helped me improve my surfing prowess!!!

had an awesome time will defo re visit

Visited May 2013
Omagh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really disappointed with staff attitude”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Rented out a Surfboard and a wetsuit on the weekend, prices were ok. But I thought the customer service was really bad, the staff had an arrogant attitude that was really quite condescending. It's really a pity becasue I love Rossnowlagh and want to do a lot more surfing in the future but that has put me right off, I won't be going back. Next time I'll be going to Bundoran instead.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank jo r
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Could not be happier”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We came up from Dublin and was a long trip, so when you get up you hope for the best to make your trip worth while. Well we were very happy. Our instructor was a guy called Brice, very good looking guy and had all of my girlfriends attention straight away but seriously Brice was great. He really knew what he was doing. The guys accommodated us last minute with a lesson and we were placed in with a group of 3 kids who were getting lessons that morning. Brice was well able to help everyone out, tailor information and tips for all ages and make everyone feel like he was just behind you watching you all the time with the right kind of tips for you at the right time. Even myself, who was suffering from a bit of a sore knee he was able to help me and I learnt a lot even though I was not capable of doing too much that weekend.
There is another instructor, think his name was adam, who is also a very nice guy.

The equipment they have is all top notch and I was there last year and there was no suits left my size so the owner plucked out a brand new one for me instead of asking me to wait for someone to come in. Prices are very reasonable as well, actually he should be charging more especially with the service provided.

Well worth a trip, even if you are just going up all the way for them

Visited September 2011
1 Thank DaraRobinson
dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Stand up paddling- not so easy!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Tried out the stand up paddling- I have no balance anyway but it was still fun.
I had an instructor who was lovely and chatty, he gave me lots of advice about near by restaurants and pubs, and he tried to get me standing for more than a minute or 2 but I soon gave up and just stayed on my knees! was lovely to see the coastline up and from a different angle.
Worth a try if the waves are missing!

Visited June 2012