“Drink Price?”
Review of The Bank Bistro

The Bank Bistro
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Dungloe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Very pleasant and unexpected surprise, in the top end of Donegal. Friendly and obliging staff; very good and tasty food with excellent presentation and very good value for money. HIghly recommend it.
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Drink Price?”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Like KathyW1952, I had the Chowder/Open sandwich, and fully concur with her Review, best Chowder ever - and I've not long returned from Florida where the Chowder is VERY good! However to give you an idea of the 'Drink' prices for you to compare;
Pint Guinness . . . . . . .3.90 Euros (reasonable)
Gin . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .3.30 (so-so)
Baby Tonic . . . . . . . . . 1.80 (over a Fiver for a G and T? - what do YOU think?)
Bacardi . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.60 (errrrm ?)
Diet Coke . . . . . . . . . . .2.30 (I only hope this was a PINT)
I'll leave it up to y'all to comment - this would be my ONLY complaint of which otherwise is a scrupulously clean and very welcoming Bar/Bistro. Pat, the Owner, even took the time to speak to us and made us feel 'at home'.
p.s. One of our Party had the Irish Stew, which once again was EXCELLENT.

Lurgan, United Kingdom
“Good food.......”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Decided to go here for lunch on arriving in Dungloe. Warm and friendly place to sit and eat food. Staff helpful. Everything was good here. Food did take awhile to arrive. Orders got mixed up! Apology was given..... Ok place to come to. For me the decor was a bit of a mixture but food made up for it. Located in the town centre, easy to find. Just look for the Daniel O'Donnel signs. You can't miss it.

2 Thank rongie007
Hucknall, United Kingdom
“The Bank Bistro”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Having visited The Daniel O'Donnell Visitor Centre we decided on lunch here my husband had vegetable soup and I had the Chowder and Open Prawn Sanwhich combination never have I eaten such delicious chowder it was packed full of fish with most delicious soup around. The sand which was lovely full of prawns. Service was great really friendly.

1 Thank KathyW1952
Burnsville, MN USA
“Daniel O'Donnell Visitor Center, Stepping Stone Bar, and Bank Bistro”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This complex in Dungloe was done by Pat and Anne Gallagher. It is FANTASTIC! We can't imagine anything being done better. The whole place has a very classy touch and the details of how it was done are amazing. The Bank Bistro is beautiful and the food is spectacular. We ate there three times and were only in the area for a short time. Everyone was extremely friendly and took care of everything, always saying, "No bother or no problem." Pat said that Anne did the decorating and he did the ceiling and floor. Both are very well done, a real pleasure to see. The visitor center is very complete. Plan on quite a while to see it. You can take as many pictures as you want. At the beginning is a 16 minute video that does a good job of showing highlights of Daniel's career. The Stepping Stone Bar is also very well done and a great place to sit and visit, even if you are just drinking coffee.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank BillAndBeth1965
Derry, United Kingdom
“A great surprise.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ate in this restaurant yesterday 14th July 2013 with my sister-in-law and her two girls. We have a holiday home near Dungloe and have ate in many places near by but have never found a place like this. We wanted somewhere with a great choice for both adults and kids but with also great quality food at a reasonable price. We finally found it. A great meal where everyone was pleased in beautiful surroundings. The staff were more than helpful especially the young girls on the floor serving. I have already recommended this place to friends who are staying there this week and I will be back with my family.

• Visited July 2013