“Will certainly stay again”
Review of Bay View Hotel

Bay View Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Killybegs
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed at the Bay View Hotel for 3 nights/ days 2 weeks ago.. On all previous trips had stayed in Tara hotel but as Bay view had reopened we opted to stay there for a change. Lovely room with great view and nice leisure centre. Food was acceptable with good service,while we did go to Tara hotel for some meals,and to meet with some colleagues. As this was business trip for me it was timeout for my wife....hence the leisure centre was a big hit. It,s nice to have two great hotels to choose from as both offer very good value. Any of the girls at reception and bar staff were very efficient and friendly. Top marks

Room Tip: Views overlooking the harbour are lovely
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Engineering2014
marina g, Manager at Bay View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Bay View Hotel & Leisure Centre on your recent visit to Killybegs and also for taking time to share your comments on tripadvisor.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your experience and that you had a comfortable stay. Our staff is very thankful for your kind review as they do take pride in customer service and ensuring our guests are made feel very welcome at all times.

I appreciate you were on a business trip but perhaps you would consider a leisurely break on your return visit in the not too distant future and you can relax and enjoy all the comforts the Bay View Hotel has to offer.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I dined in the Bayview Hotel on Wednesday night with a couple of friends. We had bar food and it was amazing! I had the chowder, the fish pie and the chocolate torte. A particular highlight of the evening was when the Head Chef came down to our table to check if we enjoyed our meal. You never receive service like this anywhere else and it shows how customer focused the hotel is. He also informed us that the new restaurant was opening up in a couple of weeks time that we can't wait to come back and try. Overall, we were all very impressed by the high level of service and quality of food we received.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank CJMG2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your visit to Bay View Hotel & Leisure Centre recently and taking time to share your feedback on your dining experience.

Our head chef Chris takes great passion providing excellent cuisine for all our customers and is renowned for his personal hospitality and customer service.

"Luke's Restaurant" is now open and well worth a visit where you can choose from our extensive Al a Carte menu available seven days a week or dine from Sunday to Thursday on our wine and dine menu.

We look foward to your next visit and hope it is as enjoyable as your last one.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Nice hotel. Nice welcome on arrival. Room very pleasant with a very comfortable double & single bed. Staff very attentive at all times. Good freshly cooked breakfast. good entertainment on Saturday evening. Generally a great hotel with good leisure facilities and will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we come to Killybegs.

Room Tip: Rooms at front have a great view over the Bay
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Gerry

Thank you for deciding to stay at the Bay View Hotel & Leisure Centre on your recent visit to Killybegs and a big thank you for sharing your positive feedback on tripadvisor.

The staff were extremely happy with your very honest and kind review. We do take pride in our customer service and ensure all our guests receive tasty home cooking while away from home.

I look forward to welcoming you on your return visit to the Bay View Hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have actually never visited the hotel but have communicated with them via email and I can safely say this will be one hotel I will be visiting over the summer months! My brother recently proposed to his girlfriend (thankfully she said Yes!) and as they were in Donegal decided to visit the Bay View Hotel in Killybegs. To congratulate them on their great news, I got in touch with the hotel to organise champagne and chocolates in the room. This was organised to be in the room on arrival around 4pm. However, my brother (being the punctual man that he is) arrived at 1pm! The staff in the hotel (as I found out later) spoke in “code” and not only got the champagne and chocolates in the room before my brother and his girlfriend got it but they had also organised a gorgeous bouquet of flowers for the couple from the Hotel Staff and Management. To make the occasion all the more special the hotel had also arranged a Romantic candle-lit table with a rose in the restaurant that night also. They had also upgraded their room to a sea view room!

Any hotel can book a room for you and serve you food however it takes a great hotel to do all the small, extra touches which makes any stay all the more special! I have to say a big thank you especially to Catherine Smyth Rebacca MacNelis – the two of you were great help when organising the booking and the extras. Safe to say I will see you in person in the next couple of months!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kerry Anne G

Dear Kerry
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review on tripadvisor. It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you to the Bay View Hotel & Leisure Centre.

Firstly I would like once again to congratulate your brother and his fiancé on their engagement and wish them best wishes in their future together. I am thrilled that they were impressed at the level of service that we had to offer them on their very special occasion. We take pride in our customer service and nothing is too much. I do agree Catherine and Rebecca are very helpful and go to every extreme possible to make sure our guests feel special. They are delighted with your kind comments.

We do hope to see you in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 10, 2014

A very comfortable hotel - well maintained and very clean.
Staff lovely and friendly and helpful. Breakfast freshly cooked and substantial, no problem getting fresh tea, toast etc. Dinners were really delicious and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We had room at the back of the hotel, although we didn't have a sea view the room was in a quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mary

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Bay View Hotel & Leisure Centre to celebrate your birthday. It is wonderful to hear you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. I have passed your kind comments about the delicious food on to our head chef and his team, which they were delighted with as they do take pride in their work to provide excellence to all our customers.

We do hope you return again in the future and you can eperience our Al a Cart menu in "Luke's Restaurant", which re-opened at the begining of May.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Again I'd like to say a huge thank you to Henry Coleman & all the staff of the bay view hotel who made my Daughters Confirmation so special The food & service was excellent you all sud be well proud so thank you
From 1st booking our table,the service & attention we received was above n beyond.The space upstairs is a great asset to hav in this Hotel n in our town,especially for families wit young children,less stress for parents,as kids hav that little bit of freedom.
My brother n his wife who travelled from Dublin with two young children had very high prase for the Hotel,there staff and of course there food.The attention from staff was very welcoming n relaxing.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Catherine M
marina g, Manager at Bay View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Catherine

I would like to thank you for your very kind comment on tripadvisor and indeed for choosing the Bay View Hotel & Leisure Centre for Chloe's very special Confirmation day. It was a pleasure to have you and your family join us on the day and I have to agree our Ballroom is the ideal location for Banqueting. Our Head Chef, Chris and his team were extremely delighted with the review regarding the food and hope to welcome you back in the future. The service staff were equally thrilled as they work extremely hard to provide all guests with excellent service.

I would like to thank you again as we use all our guests feedback to constantly improve our services.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I arrived, without a reservation, at about 8pm on an April Friday evening, covered in mud after a day mountain walking. Despite my appearance, the rather lovely receptionist at the Bay View Hotel gave me a warm welcome and a great room for the night. The cost was €50 for B&B which is tremendous value. The room had a very comfy bed, excellent wi-fi, perfect TV, tea and coffee facilities and was spotless and quiet.
To be honest, my stay here was faultless, even the breakfast was grand. All for 50 quid. Smashing!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MilosBrain

Dear Guest

Many Thanks for taking the time to write a very generous comment on tripadvisor and indeed for choosing to stay at the Bay View Hotel & Leisure Centre. I am delighted that the receptionist did everything she could to ensure you had a warm and comfortable stay with us. We take pride in offering the highest level of customer service to all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Killybegs
Tara Hotel
#1 of 7 in Donegal Town
Nesbitt Arms Hotel
Nesbitt Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ardara

Been to Bay View Hotel? Share your experiences!