“Charming location, excellent food, live music - altogether delightful!”

The Blue Haven Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Restaurants in Killybegs
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Great service, with knowledgable staff. A nice variety of entrees, even something for my friend who doesn't eat fish! The music was starting as we were finishing dinner; we stayed and had a lovely time.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

If the weathers good this is a great location for a wedding. Nice staff, great location out of the town,

1  Thank sandraorourkeglynn
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Ideal place for basic good food nothing fancy at a very reasonable price, beautiful view sitting looking out at Donegal Bay. Staff very friendly and helpful, very relaxing atmosphere, ideal for families in particular with small children.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

the food was fabulous, the service was second to none sooner had you been seated but a waitress gave you the menu 7 the meal was served without hardly a wait, the food was piping hot, it was fresh & my goodness the portions were more than generous & very, very good value for money, this has to be one of the best restaurants I have visited in a long time & I am really looking forward to my next visit, sure wish they were open for Christmas dinner i know where i would be eating my christmas dinner (the Blue Haven )

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had dinner one evening at The Blue Haven during our recent family vacation in Ireland. My wife and I had eaten here in 2007 during a short visit to Killybegs and felt it was worth stopping again.
There were five of us- all adults- and we all thought that the food was pretty good. Our daughter had the lasagna, which she described as “noodles, meat, and cheese- no sauce but still good”. It came with chips- which seemed unusual to us- but apparently it’s not unusual in Ireland. Two of us had what was essentially a “fish pot pie”- a seafood mixture in a pastry dough [shaped like a fish!] which was very good. My wife had the fish and chips and my son had the chicken sandwich with “a tasty sweet chili sauce” [his words] and chips, of course. All in all, the food was good to very good.
The service was so-so. There was a mix-up in the seating process in terms of who was going to take care of us and we stood around for a few minutes longer than necessary. Service after that was OK although our waitress didn’t seem particularly friendly. It took too long for us to get our bill although my daughter said afterwards that she thought I was in an unnecessary hurry. There several groups there who seemed to be in no hurry- including a few tables with young children- and no one seemed to be in a rush to leave. My daughter was probably right.
The Blue Haven [it’s a hotel with a restaurant] has a wonderful view across the bay to Benbulben, just north of Sligo. When the weather is nice, it would be worth going there to have something to eat- or drink- and just take in the scenery!
Our adult children picked up the bill so I can’t quote the price but prices seemed reasonable and you can check the menu and prices on-line. So, the food was good and as long as you’re not in a hurry, the service was acceptable. I recommend you try it.