“Great”

The Ritz
Wicklow, Ireland
“Great”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We came as a couple with a child and we were very happy to find how friendly Clare was and how clean and spacious the rooms were.

Kitchen was big enough and very clean, we were able to cook, hostel provided a nice continental breakfast. spacious lounge room where our child could watch a film or play boardgames while we cooked. Clare came to our room to wish us good luck the night before our departure. We definitely will go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
london
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Although the accomodation is simple, the service is good and welcoming and must say very well organized. i visit a couple of friends that live in ireland for a few days and found it rather charming . will go back when in town again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just stayed at The Ritz in Killybegs this July 2013 and IT WAS AWESOME! My family of three (9 year old) had a great stay. This hostel was much closer to a hotel room than a hostel. Everything was clean in the room, bathroom and in the common rooms. We cooked in the kitchen and were happy. The other guests we met were also quite happy. The hosts were very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed as I always thought that hostels were not my style.Though when I stayed at the ritz hostel I was very happy with services,the greeting was like I was one of there own family members, not to mention the lovely large rooms with your own bathroom and comfortable beds.We also got a great continental breakfast each morning and the kitchen was really large, clean and fully equipped. I was originally booked for an apartment else where though after staying at the ritz for one night I decided to stay for the rest of my holidays.I would recommend this hostel to everyone and also couples with kids really ideal.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank sabrinarina
galway
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Spent last weekend there - absolutely one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Clean, spacious, ideal location, great facilities and very friendly staff. We will definitely stay there again the next time we are in Killybegs!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We selected this because it had laundry available. It was inexpensive and centrally located, but the property is old, and shows it's age. The washer was tiny, and not available after 10:00, and the dryer took two hours to dray a load. Breakfast was cereal and breads/toast that you fixed yourself. The host and hostess on duty were very pleasant and helpful, and there was a large lounge area to sit, and the kitchen seemed able to handle fixing your dinner if you didn't want to eat out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VAtravelingmom
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 27, 2013

On the recommendation of a friend, I recently stayed in a double room in the Ritz. Having travelled a journey from Dublin, I was greeted by Charles, a true Donegal gentleman who assisted me with my luggage.I found the room to be spacious, comfortable and it catered for all my needs. On arrival, I was very tired and settling in with ease I slept very well with no disturbances. The hostel was very clean and the staff were warm and welcoming . There was free car parking and a continental breakfast was included which was an added bonus. The kitchen was large, with all mod cons. The hostel was centrally located on main street and all attractions were within walking distance. I must commend the owner Clare for her help when I asked for directions to Fintra Beach. On a noticably busy morning at reception, she kindly took the time to advise me on the best route and recommended a local spot to stop for lunch. I enjoyed the hospitality here and I will most definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Emily B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killybegs
Tara Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh
The Abbey Hotel
The Abbey Hotel
#6 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to The Ritz? Share your experiences!