“If only all hostels were like this - WOW!”
Review of The Ritz

The Ritz
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just stayed at The Ritz in Killybegs this July 2013 and IT WAS AWESOME! My family of three (9 year old) had a great stay. This hostel was much closer to a hotel room than a hostel. Everything was clean in the room, bathroom and in the common rooms. We cooked in the kitchen and were happy. The other guests we met were also quite happy. The hosts were very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed as I always thought that hostels were not my style.Though when I stayed at the ritz hostel I was very happy with services,the greeting was like I was one of there own family members, not to mention the lovely large rooms with your own bathroom and comfortable beds.We also got a great continental breakfast each morning and the kitchen was really large, clean and fully equipped. I was originally booked for an apartment else where though after staying at the ritz for one night I decided to stay for the rest of my holidays.I would recommend this hostel to everyone and also couples with kids really ideal.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank sabrinarina
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Spent last weekend there - absolutely one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Clean, spacious, ideal location, great facilities and very friendly staff. We will definitely stay there again the next time we are in Killybegs!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We selected this because it had laundry available. It was inexpensive and centrally located, but the property is old, and shows it's age. The washer was tiny, and not available after 10:00, and the dryer took two hours to dray a load. Breakfast was cereal and breads/toast that you fixed yourself. The host and hostess on duty were very pleasant and helpful, and there was a large lounge area to sit, and the kitchen seemed able to handle fixing your dinner if you didn't want to eat out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VAtravelingmom
Reviewed March 27, 2013

On the recommendation of a friend, I recently stayed in a double room in the Ritz. Having travelled a journey from Dublin, I was greeted by Charles, a true Donegal gentleman who assisted me with my luggage.I found the room to be spacious, comfortable and it catered for all my needs. On arrival, I was very tired and settling in with ease I slept very well with no disturbances. The hostel was very clean and the staff were warm and welcoming . There was free car parking and a continental breakfast was included which was an added bonus. The kitchen was large, with all mod cons. The hostel was centrally located on main street and all attractions were within walking distance. I must commend the owner Clare for her help when I asked for directions to Fintra Beach. On a noticably busy morning at reception, she kindly took the time to advise me on the best route and recommended a local spot to stop for lunch. I enjoyed the hospitality here and I will most definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed October 7, 2012

THree of us stayed in a room for 6 located at the front of the hostel. The room was well-maintained, as warm as appropriate, and quiet. The double bed had a broken board that had not been detected by hotel staff. Killybegs is a small fishing village and their are limited things to do when it is raining, as it was on our visit. The kitchen is well stocked and the staff and manager are friendly and helpful. The lounge is quite comfortable and seems to be heated separately from the bedrooms. Clean bath and push button shower gives about 30 sec. of nice hot water. Just keep pushing.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Nice, big and clean family room ensuite.
Breakfast was self service but there were all the things you need for a continental breakfast. You can eat in the dining room near the kitchen. There's a small car park. The owner is very kind and is willing to answer to your questions.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lorenaprimon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killybegs
0 mi away
#1 of 8 in Killybegs
Holly Crest Lodge
Holly Crest Lodge
#5 of 8 in Killybegs

Been to The Ritz? Share your experiences!