“All round great restaurant”

The Barn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Glanmire
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Great food, fantastic selection, great atmosphere and really tasty homemade deserts. Good service and good value for money. I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank IrelandTrisha

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Thanks to excellent reviews posted on Trip Advisor, I choose The Barn for a pre-concert family meal. As soon as we drove in we knew we were in for a treat. The Reception, Bar and Dining Room was so inviting and welcoming, we just loved this restaurant. Needless to say the food served was delicious.The service by a local girl was so professsional. The next time I get married I am having my wedding here! To the proprietor who has brought this restaurant to this high standard in the suburbs of Cork, well done and don't change a thing. We were so grateful to you for making our evening so special and very much aware that our taste buds are still working. We will be back!

1  Thank LillyEire
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Very relaxed athmosphere on entry .A great choice of food and cooked to a very high standard.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

Went for a family meal here last friday evening. Being start of January, expected it to not be too busy, but the place was super busy, which led to a great buzz and atmosphere. The food was spectacular, i would go so far as to say, it was the best meal I have had. Had been a few years back, but great thing that they have now introduced an early bird and an a la carte as opposed to their set menu before. I had the pate on melba toast for starter and the surf n turf for mains, everything down to the veg was oozing with flavours. Well done to the Barn, keep it up. Cant wait to go back again.

Reviewed October 7, 2010

We would highly recommend the BARN RESTAURANT for a wonderful, healthy and beautifully presented meal. Home made brown bread and scones are provided with the starter (fresh G/F bread also provided) yummm. Practically all dishes are G/F but there is a great choice for the otherwise (which I am! ~ i.e. non coeliac)
If you love fresh veg, potatoes, meat or fish, this the place to dine.
All deserts are home made! Got to sample them,on typing this, I wonder why I didn't ask for seconds, I suppose I was too full!
The service is efficient and friendly but non intrusive.
As a non coeliac, (a normal glutton!) I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant. We have dined in THE BARN, periodically over the last 10 years and the food is consistently of the highest standard.
Four course meal €25!
It might be advisable to book in advance, however, they are very accommodating.
They also have a smoking area, which is comfortable.