“I wouldn't hesitate in Recommending this Hotel to a Friend”

Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glanmire
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We got married in there on the 11th of September, and I have to say they couldn't have done more for myself, my husband or any of our wedding party, even though we were delayed getting to the reception, MaryAnn the wedding coordinator reassured us that there wasn't any rush, and to take our time and enjoy ourselves before the meal, I'll never forget the day, All our friends & family that stayed there were delighted with the rooms, and the food was excellant. Michael & his staff have really brought Vienna woods back to being a top class hotel!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2009

I've not stayed in this hotel for about 30 years - it used to be great, went through a bad patch (so local friends tell me) and is now back to where it was when I used to love it in the early 1980s - except a bit more modern.

I stayed on a late deal, not the rack rate, so it was excellent value.

It's the location that 'does it' for me - it's so private and pretty, I'm sure the best location in or on the fringes of Cork City, if you like some peace and quiet and not the bustle of the inner city.

Darren was on reception when I checked in - a great smile and warm welcome, also from the un-named receptionist who stayed in the background but acknowledged me and made me feel welcome.

Nothing wrong with the room, not excitingly decorated but a VERY comfortable bed and plenty of space. The curtains didn't fit too well so I was woken by the early morning sun.

The bar and lounge area was lovely with gorgeous chandeliers and great service.

We didn't eat there at all as we were visiting friends in the area so food had been laid on in their homes.

Only thing I didn't like was the huge picture on prominent display which was, so I was told, one of the owners with his partner and child. It's a hotel, not a guest house or private home and it struck me as rather unprofessional to have a family photograph on display - especially one of such dimensions. Hotels should be about providing the best for their guests - not a platform for the owner's ego.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank groeslongirl
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We loved this hotel and the friendly welcome we received. Michael and his team do a really good job and take pride in the hotel and the service they offer. The hotel was beautiful and the rooms very comfortable and well appointed.

Breakfast was appetising and offered plenty of choice.

Very peaceful stay during the week but a less relaxing experience when a wedding is being hosted.

We have already been back and this would be our hotel of choice if we were in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I stayed here with my husband for one night in September. The hotel is tucked away on a hilltop in the woods. It is a smaller hotel but offers many amenities. The room we stayed in was large, clean and comfortable. We ate at the on-site restaurant, the food was decent, though it did have an odd 'tex-mex' menu, which seemed out of place. The breakfast the following morning was delicious, they offer something for everyone. I enjoyed our stay at this hotel and I would certainly recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in the Cork City area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. 5-star experience. Both my wife & I had our wedding reception here on Friday August 7th. What a spectacular day, and even made more special by the hotel & staff. Everyone one of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the evening & long into the night. Of the wedding guests we spoke to the following day, everyone remarked on how good the food was, (how tender the beef was) , how good the service was & how amazing, I mean amazing the ballroom looked. Prior to booking the Vienna Woods for our wedding, we looked at hotels all around Cork City, East Cork, Blarney etc & by far did Vienna Woods stand out. All the staff are so friendly & helpful. Michael Magner, hotel director, made sure our day went perfect, even down to the lavender he personally placed on our wedding cake to match the cake ribbon. I'm not into all that stuff, but my wife is, and she was thrilled. So, to all the staff at Vienna Woods, thanks allot, I can thank you enough. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Just back from a wedding in the Fitzgeralds Venna Woods Hotel Cork,, One Word,,,Wow!! The hotel has been taken over in the past 3 years and what a refurbishment has taken place. The ballroom is probably one of the finest I have seen in recent years. We stayed in the holiday villas for the weekend they worked out at such a good rate for the 3 nights we stayed there. They were so comfy and so well layed out. The staff were so accomodating and couldnt do enought for us throughout the stay. I definately will be back, and it will be my wedding venue of choice in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2009

we had the greatest day of our lives,what a fantastic hotel,best food ,best staff,best place in cork to get married.michael is a perfectionest in what he does and such a pleasant person to deal with.from the moment we booked the hotel to the day of our wedding everything we wanted was done in a way only vienna woods can do.
wish we could do it all again.thanks to michael and all his staff ye were brilliant.
loved it loved it loved it

• Stayed: July 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glanmire
Centre
Imperial Hotel
#11 of 23 in Cork
Montenotte
The Metropole Hotel

Been to Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel? Share your experiences!