Beautifully located and with a good reputation, my family and I were looking forward to Sunday brunch last week.
We waited longer than am comfortable with at the restaurant entrance, especially as the person was standing next to us typing in bills. The restaurant wasn't that busy and so that was disappointing. Once we sat, a few minutes later a lady came to us and asked us, "what are we having". This was confusing for everyone as we thought she meant a drink but instead we eventually realized it was the brunch choice.
The appetizer selection was basic however the soup was good. The chefs on the carvery and stations were pleasant and helpful. The turkey wasn't great but the beef and other dishes were nice.
The best thing about this brunch was the dessert selection which calls you back again and again. There is also a place for young children to play.
Overall, it's nice but our experience was a little disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corks premier wedding venue. Nestled in 22 acres of private woodlands, originally built by the founders of the Beamish Brewery over 200 years ago, today the Hotel is owned and run by the Fitzgerald family. Large open fireplaces, High corniced ceilings, Gold framed Oil paintings, and lots of comfy sofas set the scene. With 50 bedrooms, Crawford’s Bar & Conservatory, weekly Sunday Brunch, and eight luxury holiday Villas this we offers the country experience on the edge of the Cork city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods Cork
- Hotel Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods