The staff are very good here, could not be more helpful, but the rooms and common areas are starting to look their age. We were attending a wedding in the hotel itself, and it was great to be able to just go upstairs afterwards!
The food is especially good. The bar prices are very expensive though. I know it is common practice and it is how hotels really cash in on weddings, and it would be unfair to single out this hotel in this context, but we ended up going to the nearby shop and getting a bottle of whiskey to share. Not very classy perhaps, but our small protest at the bar prices.
I would recommend a stay here as it is clean and comfy with friendly staff and good food, but it is not at all special or luxurious, which the website did rather hint at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corks premier wedding venue. Nestled in 22 acres of private woodlands, originally built by the founders of the Beamish Brewery over 200 years ago, today the Hotel is owned and run by the Fitzgerald family. Large open fireplaces, High corniced ceilings, Gold framed Oil paintings, and lots of comfy sofas set the scene. With 50 bedrooms, Crawford’s Bar & Conservatory, weekly Sunday Brunch, and eight luxury holiday Villas this we offers the country experience on the edge of the Cork city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods Cork
- Hotel Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods