“Beautiful B&B, close to Cork Airport”

Insiara Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Ballinhassig B&B and Inns
Oud-Turnhout, Belgium
“Beautiful B&B, close to Cork Airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have chosen this B & B for its location close to the airport, but in a quiet area outside Cork city. We had some problems to find it, but once arrived, and have our first contact with the charming hosts. John & Eileen, we were immediately relaxed again.
The breakfast was very goody.
John has heard that we are real Christy Moore- fans , Upon our departure, he surprised us by singing Christie's song "Voyage". Brilliant !
This is a B & B where you feel like home .
When we fly to Cork again, we will stay here again. Possibly for more than one day for exploring the the region. (Kinsale, Clonakilty, ...)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pleasant Grove, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed here one night early this month. We were driving from Lismore to Kinsale and actually passed by along the way. We had a reservation, but decided to check-in before moving on to Kinsale. Eileen made a couple of recommendations for dinner, which helped us navigate the many options in town. The following morning she and John provided an excellent breakfast and gave us some tips on seeing Cork the next morning. Specifically, they informed us of a park-and-ride option into town just beyond the airport, which was both economical and convenient. Be aware, this place is near to the airport, as evidenced by the Aer Lingus pilot who stayed there that night. We heard planes up until about 22:00, but nothing disturbed our sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gordon84062
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Lovely hosts and very good service
Nice furnished rooms with ensuite bathroom
Nice location in the country, therefore very silent
Very good breakfast in cosy room with nice view
Car needed or taxi for transfers but low rates to airport or city

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Angers, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We finsished our tour of the Ring of Kerry at Insiara and we did not regret!
First a very warm welcome from Eileen with a nice cup of tea/ coffee
then an axcellent accomodation with ensuite large quiet bedroom nicely funrnished and all newly decorated.
In the morning a great breakfast in a sunny lounge facing the grounds and still a nice smile from our hostess.
Very good value for a location near Cork

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at Insiara during my 5 week tour of Ireland and could not have had a nicer experience. Eileen and John are absolutely wonderful and charming hosts, offering lots of tips for places to go and how to get there, and greeting you and sending you off each day with a warm smile. They truly go that extra mile to be sure that you're looked after and feel completely welcome.

Breakfast was delicious (be sure to try Eileen's homemade brown bread!), and my room lovely. I had a great nights' sleep every night, not something I can say about all of the other places I stayed during my trip. It's very convenient to Kinsale, Cork, Blarney, and a number of other places. Be sure to take John's advice and visit Old Head and the beaches; you'll be glad you did (and have some great pictures to show for it too!). I really can't say enough good things about my stay.

I will absolutely try to stay at Insiara again if I'm ever in the area. Highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dublin 18
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I booked in here and Eileen was very helpful and nice over the phone. One does need a car as it's set a mile or so from the nearest village and Airport but that adds to its charm. I chatted numerous times with Eileen and her husband and found them very pleasant. Room was very clean and spacious. Black out blinds if you want a great sleep and although I didn't have a full Irish, it did look very good. Great value too. I would recommend this to anyone. There are a couple of v good bars within a short drive for food so no need to weather the Cork traffic.

• Stayed August 2013
Oregon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I’ve been paying regular visits to Ireland since 1967, and I’ve never stayed in a better B&B than Insiara. The proprietors Eileen and John Guirey could not have done more to make my two-week stay more comfortable and enjoyable. Besides serving a great breakfast every day, they directed me to wonderful restaurants, local beauty spots, convenient churches, and easy park-and-ride access to Cork City. My spacious, immaculately kept, and ultra-modern upstairs rooms offered beautiful views of the surrounding countryside and of the rose gardens out front. Located close to Cork Airport (but not too close), Insiara places visitors within easy reach by car of Kinsale in one direction and of Carrigaline and Crosshaven in another. The Guireys were the perfect hosts; their helpfulness was extraordinary. You are guaranteed a great experience in every way if you stay with them.
Jim Donnelly

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jimdonely
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballinhassig
Douglas
#2 of 23 in Cork
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,319 reviews
Montenotte
The Montenotte Hotel

Been to Insiara Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!