“Beautiful Hotel with lovely staff”
Review of Oriel House Hotel

Oriel House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballincollig
cork city
“Beautiful Hotel with lovely staff”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

have stayed here for B & B and wow the rooms are a big size so clean and have tea and coffee facilities. we had dinner in their lovely restaurant and the food was amazing. we also used the pool and I got a facial also great value. All the staff weresweresn friendly and could not do enough for us. 10/10 Fantastic hotel

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Healym3
SharonOriel, Manager at Oriel House Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Will ensure all the staff are made aware of your nice comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hi stayed here in July one of best hotels ever stayed in. The staff are so professional and helpful, rooms are lovely, food and atmosphere is great, . Gorgeous spa and leisure centre would highly recommend .

• Stayed July 2012
SharonOriel, Manager at Oriel House Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your nice feedback. Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oriel House Hotel in the future.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stay in your hotel on a regular basis for business. on arrival at reception , the recepitonist seemed confused as to my booking and my credit card details, I was given my card key & advised location of the room. the room was a bedroom allocated for smokers. The bed in the room was broken and overall the room was not very clean. when I spoke to the receptionist at departure( same receptionist who checked me in) she advised me that it was the last room they had and that was it. she would make a note on my file for the next stay. no apology what so ever!. on the past few occassions I have stayed in Oriel house, there have been problems with either the room or the food/bar service. overall very disappointing for a hotel which I have previously looked forward to staying in while I was in Cork. I wont be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SharonOriel, Manager at Oriel House Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Firstly thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am very disappointed to read your comments, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss in detail so if you would contact the hotel on 021 4208400 and ask to speak to Sharon Buckley. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed September 7, 2012

spent a fab day at the Oriel Hotel Spa.On arrival the decor and ambience was very inviting.The staff were friendly and very knowledgeable.The treatments I recieved were lovely and very reasonable regarding the price.The spa was clean,and very relaxing.Would reccomend this spa and will return there again

Room Tip: Ask for the montly specials when booking your spa day
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Delighted you enjoyed your time in the spa with us. I have printed the nice comments and put them on display on the staff noticeboard so the Spa therapists can see your nice feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the spa in the future.
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Chose this hotel without realising that it is some way from the centre of Cork itself - my mistake. However, in the event it didn't really matter. Ballincollig is a perfectly nice place to stay and there is a bus stop only a couple of minutes walk from the hotel with regular buses into the city centre.

The hotel itself was fine - the room was very spacious with a king-sized bed, a decent Wi-Fi signal was available in the room and everything was modern and in a good state of repair. No issues with cleanliness either - the room was spotless. The check-in staff were friendly and helpful and there was plenty of car parking space.

Didn't use the restaurant during my stay, but did have a couple of meals in the bar. The food was fairly typical bar-type fayre, but very enjoyable nonetheless. It was sometimes difficult to get the attention of the bar staff (I felt like I was invisible on a couple of occasions) but once engaged, the staff were polite and helpful. The bar had a small outside area which was just the ticket for a quiet pint on a warm day. The bar seemed to attract quite a lively crowd in the evenings, but not so lively that I could hear them from my room.

Would I stay here again? Yes, and based on my experience I'd be happy recommend it to a friend

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
SharonOriel, Manager at Oriel House Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Delighted to read your nice comments, will ensure all members of the team read them. Thank you for taking the time to post you feedback.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Came here with the girlfriend to get away from the bustle of London

Set away from the centre of cork in a quite village. Car parking on site is a plus.

Having booked a double room, on arrival to the room I found the double was merely two singles pushed together with a double quilt on top. Hardly ideal when travelling with the other half! Asked at reception who offered to change rooms, which we did, only to find the same issue!

Breakfast is good and tasty, but I would like the next table's used plates to be cleared some 10 minutes after they've left, rather than be allowed to fester next to me whilst I'm eating.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Gkchan
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Will discuss your comments in relation to the zip and link beds in the next management meeting. Will forward your service comments to our operations manager for review.
athlone
Reviewed August 28, 2012

stayed here with my husband and 2 kids...we got a lovely room and little pack of lavender on pillow which was a nice touch.the girl on our room left us a few extra biscuits with our tea n coffee for our oom which was nice.she knew kids were staying and that they would probably like some too. the girls on reception were very nice and welcoming.the swimming pool was lovely.there were 2 graduations on during our stay but we were on 2nd floor so we didnt hear much noise thankfully.the only fault i would have is that the bar food is overpriced. its like €15+ for a chicken curry.its not worth it for what you get. otherwise a great stay and great location. ballincollig lovely town and shops a stone throw away.,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your nice feedback. Have forwarded it to all the departments so all members of the team can see them. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballincollig
Midleton Park Hotel
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork
Montenotte
The Montenotte Hotel

Been to Oriel House Hotel? Share your experiences!