“Never fails...”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Just spent another lovely morning in Rivers End! This cafe is a regular favourite of ours and the perfect place to catch up with family and friends. Had the spiced beef ciabatta special today- absolutely amazing probably the nicest I've had there. Boyfriend went for the old reliable- the BLT which is also very tasty (add Brie!) Then we ordered our pâté and cake for Stephens Day party- perfect! Their coffee is gorgeous and the menu is so reasonably priced and varied. Staff are friendly and so very accommodating. So happy Crosshaven has a gem like this.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We ate here only just over a week ago and already i want to go back.
We went for lunch i got a pasta and my wife got the cuscus. My 2 and a half year old son got a toasty. Firstly the Childrens menu was good and maore importantly the price for the childs menu was very very resonable if not cheap.
The pasta was just bursting with flavours and also a very good portion and also my wifes lunch was really good too.
They also serve good coffee and amazing cake.
We went to pay for two mains a toasty , coffee and mochiato and a babychino and a cafe. The bill came to something like €28 so i paid it and then done some calculations and went back to the lady to say that i think she UNDER charged me. So she done the calculations and it seemed she forgot to add the cake. I was about to pay for it and she just said HAPPY CHRISTMAS. I tried to pay and she was taking none of it. What a great little touch to a great meal and restaurant. WOuld i recommend this place well thats a big big YES from me.
We will be back over the Christmas period for sure.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I first visited this cafe in 2012 when my sister and I went to Ireland and I caught up with some friends (well, at the time friends of friends, but that's how friendly and accommodating people are there!) and had a lovely breakfast there. We went there again when my boyfriend and I visited again in June 2013, and this time had a chance to meet the owners as well, as they were good friends with the friends we were visiting. They are very lovely people, and I raved so much about their brown bread that she ended up giving me an entire loaf that had been baked that morning - for free!! It was literally the best brown bread I've ever had, I've been trying to recreate it ever since but alas have been unsuccessful. The setting is spectacular as well. Can not recommend this place enough!

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Idyllic setting when the sun shines over the Estuary and there's activity on the water against the backdrop of Currabinny woods. Really lovely food, salads, home made quiches and sandwiches. And then there's the cakes....... all home made, fresh, calorie laden but light and delicious! A firm favourite.....

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had brunch here recently on a beautiful autumn morning. What a setting - overlooking Cork harbour, the yachts at their moorings in Crosshaven, the trawlers getting ready to go to sea. And that was before I even sat down to order.
As others have said - the presentaion and quality of the food is excellent; You just know everyting is fresh.The staff are friendly and most efficient. The restaurant is spotlessly clean and the attention to detail is amazing.
And as somebody else has said - well worth the trip from Cork city to sample the home made pastries
As Arnie said - I'll be back