“Great in parts but needs a (small) makeover in the rooms. Good value though...”

Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carrigaline
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've stayed here many times in the past. Let's be clear, its a really friendly place, the staff couldnt be more helpful and friendly, but there are signs now that this hotel needs a few tweaks to keep it at the top of it's game.

Situated in the centre (or close to) the centre of the town, you cannot fault the location. I stayed in room 207 and was woken up at 5:30 am with the sound of water hammering in the pipes. This intermittent sound was loud enough to prevent me getting a lie-in..never mind

There were a few other niggles that I feel I ought to report

1) The toilet seat wouldn't stay up
2) The grouting around the edge of the bath was in need or replacement
3) Carpets needed cleaning
3) Paintwork badly scuffed

The room furniture was fuinctional and reminiscent of a more upmarket hotel in parts and all normal facilities are here

Large TV in the room if you like that sort of thing.

Despite my 3 star rating, I'm probably being a touch harsh... its more than that, but not quite
"very good". Sorry.... :-(

Of course, the town itself is very pretty and the hotel is a great launch pad for some beautiful sight seeing.

Summary:-
I like this place and would stay again. Its clean, tidy and the people are great. I would just suggest that they attend to the finer details that whilst costing small money, make a difference.

Room Tip: Not sure what happened in 207... but there were some odd noises going on. My bed creaked (and I was...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank clubsport911
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

We value all feedback as it helps us improve our Guest Satisfaction and in particular when it comes from a repeat guest such as yourself.

Our in house Maintance Manager has been advised of your feedback & is currently addressing the points that you highlighted.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel as my title above will tell u is excellent ... my wife carmel myself and another couple Tommy and Miriam thouroughly enjoyed ourselves on our recent 2 night stay... we will be back as soon as we possibly can...Kale and Niamh and all the staff with whom we dealt were a joy .. incidentally the band 'SHINE' were top class .I am expecting them to play' Slane ' soon ..HA HA.... regards Ger

Room Tip: Just speak to the friendly and helpful reception staff and they will sort your room and any other is...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gerclare

Dear Ger
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to all of the staff here, they will be delighted.
We will look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just had a meal in the bistro. We were not staying in the hotel. The meal was very disappointing. I had the belly pork and my husband had fillet steak which was overcooked. When we pointed this out to the waitress she ordered another steak which was also burned . My belly pork was nice but I expected potatoes with it, which I had to ask for. Overall we would not go back to eat in the bistro.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Rubyqubes
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit to the Bistro.

It was very disappointing to read your review and I’d like to assure you that the majority of the feedback on both service & quality of food in the Bistro is very good.

Having discussed your Tripadvisor review with both the Food Service Personnel & Chef’s on duty that evening, their shared belief was that your situation had been rectified and you left with a very good impression with the hotel.

We appreciate all feedback & use it to improve on the quality of our Guest Satisfaction.

I do hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

stayed here recently as part of a deal..and all i can say is wow!!! amazing staff at reception and very helpful with everything we asked and needed. We stayed here for 2 nights, the food was outstanding and i would highly recommend it for both lunch and dinner the quality and standard was just high class!! bar staff on both nights were very friendly and very chatty:) and there was a great atmosphere and buzz ever for it being a mid week break. Room was of a good size and everything overall was outstanding.The hotel really did surprise, even tho there is not much shopping to be done in carrigaline the bus is only 20mins or less to the city and by car which was also a plus. I will certainly be returning very soon :) overall a friendly and lovely hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichelleOShea

Dear Reviewer,

thank you so much for posting such a lovely review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

Receiving such reviews is really great & huge encouragement for the entire team here in the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your feedback.

I do hope that you will visit us in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks as a temporary residence and now regularly use the leisure centre, bar and restaurant.
It's a lovely hotel with good facilities. Rooms are spacious, clean and quiet; the staff are lovely and very helpful; the breakfast buffets (both hot and cold) are fantastic quality with lots of choice; the leisure centre is very good with a good sized pool (lanes for those who swim), sauna, steaming hot jacuzzi and steam room and a reasonably good gym; and the restaurant & bar food (carvery is always good) is very nice and of a good standard. Totally recommend.
The only negative I encountered during my stay was that the restaurant wasn't open during the week - only at weekends. I personally would have preferred the choice as the bar menu was limited.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your stay here in The Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre on Tripadvisor.
I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass all of your comments onto the entire team.
We pride ourselves on the service that we provide & such feedback is always encouraging.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here in February as part of a family gathering (Christening), we arrived after the ceremony and went straight to the bar which was nicely decorated and seemed to have several areas for different size groups which was ideal. A 6 Nations game was on several screens and after everyone got settled, I checked in. Reception was very efficient, but still felt like i was in a maze trying to find my room once i stepped out of the lift! I returned in time for the food, and i felt i was not the only one in the group to say is that it! Chicken goujons, cocktail sausages, mini-pizzas, wedges, sandwiches tea/coffee & cake when it came out. (A Ok selection, Just very little of it)As we made our way out to reception as the bar closed we were met by a cranky night porter who actually tutted as we walked passed!!! We had a nightcap and went to bed (Afraid to ask for a second). The room was a little tired looking, flakeing paint on skirting boards, toilet area could do with new silicone, comfy bed though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank foodcritic20110

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay in the Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre. I will be discussing the various points that you have raised with the relevant departments.
We are always delighted to receive guest feedback & use this feedback to improve on our service and ultimately level of Guest Satisfaction.
I hope that you will visit us again in The Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a staff Christmas party where we all stayed over. It was great fun from start to finish.
We were treated like royalty from the management and the staff.
The food was fantastic very tasty would highly recommend.
Breakfast was great. Huge selection. The rooms were very comfortable and spotlessly clean.
I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank pjfoley
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review on your visit to the Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & will pass your great comments to the team here.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Jerry Healy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrigaline
Montenotte
The Montenotte Hotel
Douglas
Rochestown Park Hotel

Been to Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!