“Nice hotel - good facilities!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center

Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carrigaline
Cork, Ireland
“Nice hotel - good facilities!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks as a temporary residence and now regularly use the leisure centre, bar and restaurant.
It's a lovely hotel with good facilities. Rooms are spacious, clean and quiet; the staff are lovely and very helpful; the breakfast buffets (both hot and cold) are fantastic quality with lots of choice; the leisure centre is very good with a good sized pool (lanes for those who swim), sauna, steaming hot jacuzzi and steam room and a reasonably good gym; and the restaurant & bar food (carvery is always good) is very nice and of a good standard. Totally recommend.
The only negative I encountered during my stay was that the restaurant wasn't open during the week - only at weekends. I personally would have preferred the choice as the bar menu was limited.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your stay here in The Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre on Tripadvisor.
I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass all of your comments onto the entire team.
We pride ourselves on the service that we provide & such feedback is always encouraging.

Jerry Healy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here in February as part of a family gathering (Christening), we arrived after the ceremony and went straight to the bar which was nicely decorated and seemed to have several areas for different size groups which was ideal. A 6 Nations game was on several screens and after everyone got settled, I checked in. Reception was very efficient, but still felt like i was in a maze trying to find my room once i stepped out of the lift! I returned in time for the food, and i felt i was not the only one in the group to say is that it! Chicken goujons, cocktail sausages, mini-pizzas, wedges, sandwiches tea/coffee & cake when it came out. (A Ok selection, Just very little of it)As we made our way out to reception as the bar closed we were met by a cranky night porter who actually tutted as we walked passed!!! We had a nightcap and went to bed (Afraid to ask for a second). The room was a little tired looking, flakeing paint on skirting boards, toilet area could do with new silicone, comfy bed though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank foodcritic20110
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay in the Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre. I will be discussing the various points that you have raised with the relevant departments.
We are always delighted to receive guest feedback & use this feedback to improve on our service and ultimately level of Guest Satisfaction.
I hope that you will visit us again in The Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre.

cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a staff Christmas party where we all stayed over. It was great fun from start to finish.
We were treated like royalty from the management and the staff.
The food was fantastic very tasty would highly recommend.
Breakfast was great. Huge selection. The rooms were very comfortable and spotlessly clean.
I will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank pjfoley
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review on your visit to the Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & will pass your great comments to the team here.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We recently stayed for 2 nights with the kids, the receptionist was friendly and efficient during the check in process, no help was offered for the bags, it seems they don't have porters, the first impressions when we enter the room was good, beds were comfortable, they provide tea & coffee facility in the room, there was a flat TV but what we found very poor was all the amenities in the bathroom there were shampoo, shower gel and soap only.
We went for diner the first night to Collins Bar the server was professional and courteous, the food was tasty and the price was reasonable.
Breakfast was a different story, we sat down in a table and 2 out of 4 cups were dirty, so we have to make a preselection of cups & cutlery in our own table and take some from the next
table, the full Irish breakfast was of a very low quality, even the toasts were served cold as an iceberg they tasted like if someone tries a toast after 15 minutes of been prepared.
On top of that, the servers in the Bistro restaurant during diner and breakfast, started to setting up the tables for breakfast /lunch so they did quite of a lot of noise while collecting the cutlery.
The feeling was like if there were trying to hurry us up in order for them to finish their job and go home, specially during the night shift.
At diner the starter for me and my partner was lovely, unfortunately the main and the desert was just ok.
The spa was the only facility where i would give it a 4 star rating, i am afraid that the rest of the hotel is overrated by one star, not to mention the absence of a business center plus we could not logged in with their wi-fi in our room.
I think, I would recommend this hotel only if it was a 2 star upper or 3 star hotel, it is definitely.... overrated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank The_Final_Judgement
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Reviewer
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here in the Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre. We were most disappointed to read your review & would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss it with you at a time that suits you.
I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly to discuss the issues raised in your reveiw.
I will look forward to hearing from you.

Fiona O'Donoghue
Sales & Marketing Manager
021-4852100
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed there twice now and each time was so well taken care of. A very central location with easy access to Cork city Kinsale and Crosshaven. All the staff are warm and welcoming, especially the manager Jerry Healy. Thanks Jerry!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for posting such a nice review on your recent repeat visit to the Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & will be sure to pass your kind comments to the team here.
I hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Having stayed here for this week, despite a nice hotel, I have to make it known that the service for bar food in the evenings is terrible. As I write, I have just ordered food after 1 hour and 20 minutes of taking my seat. There are 26 people in the bar so it's not a busy time. I did not make an issue with the bar staff as it has been the same all week. I have not waited for less than 45 minutes for my order to be taken. This is the first time I have used the hotel on business but will be taking my business elsewhere in future. Yesterday I took a colleague for lunch. He ordered at the carvery and I just wanted a light soup and bread. He was finished his meal 20 minutes before someone took my soup order. Why the soup isn't served at the carvery I don't know.
The food is good but the service is terrible.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay here in the Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre.

I am disappointed to read your comments regarding the service in Collins Bar & would like to assure you that the feedback generally on service is normally very good. We pride ourselves on quality of service & invest heavily in regular staff training. I am sorry that you didn’t bring this matter to our attention while you were still in the hotel so that it could have dealt with it to your satisfaction. I would like to assure you that I will be addressing this matter with our Bar Staff & Management.

While your feedback on the one hand is very disappointing to read, on the other hand it will help us improve on our service and ultimately our level of Guest Satisfaction.

Hopefully you will visit us in the future & give us the opportunity to show you that your experience was an exception and not the norm.

Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights.
The hotel is clean, the breakfast was hearty and the in house home-made brown bread was excellent. We ate at the bar twice (toasted sandwiches) which were delicious. The bar was busy and had a good atmosphere.
The existence of a leisure centre was a bonus and we availed of it one evening.
The staff really make the difference, every member of staff we met from chamber maids, bar staff, reception staff and breakfast manager were extremely helpful, courteous and made our experience all the better.
The hotel is located half way between Cork City Centre and Kinsale so we made the most of this mid way location and ventured on a day trip to Kinsale and another day into Cork City Centre.
We saw little of Carrigaline which in itself is not a tourist destination but the hotel has certainly a very friendly, comforting ambiance and we enjoyed the 2 night weekend break.
With the genuine attentive service from all staff members, the excellent breakfast, the nice bar, I could not fault the experience. - Top marks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JHealy, General Manager at Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

What a great way to start 2013 with such a positive review. Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to post this review & secondly for your very honest and encouraging feedback. We pride ourselves on taking care of our guests & are delighted that you experienced our hospitality at its best.
With regard to our location you are right - we are out of the hussle & bustle of a busy city but still within 15 minutes if guests want to venture in. We are in an ideal location if touring the area is what you want to do - we are within a 5 - 15 minute drive of Crosshaven, Cobh or Kinsale.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre & hope that you visit us again in the near future.

Jerry Healy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrigaline
Centre
Douglas
Rochestown Park Hotel
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa

Been to Carrigaline Court Hotel and Leisure Center? Share your experiences!