“A little bit of 'Heaven' in Ireland”
Review of Bayview Hotel

Bayview Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballycotton
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have just arrived home from a wonderful break at the Bayview,Ballycotton. The hotel is set on a magnificent locations with views overlooking the bay. Our room was very spacious with a little terrace overlooking the Bay.Staff on arrival were very helpful and friendly and offered us coffee on the terrace as our room wasn't ready(we were early). Food in the restaurant was excellent for dinner and for breakfast, and food served on the terrace from the bar was equally as good. All the staff so friendly.
As the weather was so good we didn't travel far but enjoyed this little, unspoilt fishing village. We enjoyed the cliff walk, and after some local ice-cream.
We will definately return and will recommend to friends and family.

There are newer reviews for Bayview Hotel

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and recently spent 3 nights in the Bayview, Ballycotton.It is set in a wonderful location with great seaviews, room 316 had great view of the harbour! There are lovely cliff and beach walks in the locality and is about 30 minutes drive from Cork city and the town of Cobh, so lots of options to get out and about. There is also a lounge on each floor where you could relax and read or simply take in the view. We thought there was a lovely atmosphere in the hotel, all staff were very friendly.Breakfast buffet was adequate, with the scones especially worthy of a mention! We really enjoyed dinner in the restaurant, though menu was limited eg no option for side order of veg etc. I saw a family with a young child having difficulty as there wasnt any choice for younger diners. That said, the bar menu seemed to have chips, burgers etc. While we didnt eat in the bar, the food looked appetising as others dined around us! And there are options to dine elsewhere locally, we went to Ballymaloe House for dinner and theatre one night. We had one problem during our stay: there was a smell from carpet inside the patio door where rain had got in, while the problem wasnt sorted during our stay, desserts and coffee after our dinner were taken off the bill as a gesture when we complained. Overall, we were very happy with our stay in the Bayview and would hope to return there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on first and second have great seaviews
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed for just one night in July. This is a delightful hotel in a magnificent position with a lovely view over the Bay. We were given a warm welcome. Our room was spacious and very comfortable, with an excellent bathroom and looked out over the sea as I believe do all the rooms. The weather was fine so we took breakfast outside on the terrace which was also excellent with plenty of fresh items to choose from and excellent service.. We did not take dinner at the hotel so cannot comment but there is ceratainly an excellent and large dining room with many windows to the sea so it was light and airy. We also took advantage of the indoor swimming pool available at their sister hotel about 4 miles away and this was very smart indeed and equally spotlessly clean.
There is no beach close to the hotel but we were told that there are lovely clifftop walks and you can walk doen to the small harbour where a lot of line-fishing was taking place.
Altogether a very comfortable break on the way to stay with friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The key thing about this hotel is the staff and their constant attention to the customer and their needs. Nothing is too much trouble and all done with a warm smile. The receptionist quickly acted upon our check in when their seemed to be a problem with our booking and only one room was seen on records despite two being booked. Teas and coffees provided whilst they sorted out the issue and we were upgraded to a suite on one room - WOW . what a place. SOOO relaxing with the views although difficult to locate with a sat nav. Like a secret hidaway. Food wonderful and the deal I booked for meals proved well worth the extra. A pity we had to move on to next location ! Only one problem was the shower curtain above the bath in suite (room 513) had no chance of stopping the water from flowing onto the floor - really needs a shower screen.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My review is mixed - good and bad points. We booked this hotel for 2 nights Sunday and Monday of August bank holiday, two adults and 11 yr old child. We were away for a short relaxing break and went here on a friend;s recommendation. Very small car park but we managed to get a space. Staff were friendly on check in and bar staff also very friendly. Restaurant staff are efficient at their job and clear tables quickly and are pleasant to guests.

On arrival we had soup and sandwiches which was nice. That night we had dinner in restaurant as part of our package. My daughtetr had plaice which she enjoyed and priced at 10.50 is good for a child as plaice is not a cheap fish, But no chips in the restaurant. Boiled potatoes or mash which neither were great. But no salad or vegetables. You could not even purchase them as an extra side dish, We were just told not served in restaurant. The menu choice was not great and the fish on it were not the fish caught at Ballycotton which i definately did not look good, We were looking out at harbour with fishermen fishing and not the local fish on menu, definately puts a few question marks.
Starters were nice but not wonderful and desserts were nothing out of the normal either. My husband seldom has dessert and my daughter and I do, I felt that they could possibly not have charged for my daughter's dessert when my husband didnt order one. but not making any big deal about that..
We went to the bar afterwards and paid paid seperately for our drinks, we charged our drinks while eating but paid cash while having a few extra in bar. Both my daughter and husband were still peckish after dinner and asked in bar if they could order chips but as last orders were at 9pm we were told that food was finished,
We had crisps in room which had to do that night.
The wine was very pricey per glass, ny husband kept reminding me on each glass I drank.
On Monday night we ate in the bar and I have to say that we enjoyed our meal, my daughter this time had plaice again, two fillets and this time was able to order a portion of chips. Both my husband and I had the chargrilled Chicken and guess what it came with chips and mushroom which were both beautiful, and wait for it, green beans which were cooked just perfectly. At a much cheaper price than restaurant. I had the Apple tart afterwards and i also really enjoyed that.
Breakfast was nice buffet had small selection but had nice choice of food on display and I have to say that the fruit scones were really very nice. The full irish was also very good quality ingredients and also the toasted soda farell with bacon and poached egg and hollandaise sauce. Everything was cooked to order and was nice and hot and not sitting there for hours.
NOW I HAVE TO MENTION THE NEGATIVE POINTS, On Monday we went on a trip and left hotel abt half ten in morning and did not return until about half four ish, and I had to request that our room be made up as it had not been done while we were out.
Also we noticed that on the Sunday night our first night that the toilet did not have a very good flush as paper remained in toilet after flushing. I didnt mention this until the Monday afternoon (when toilet was not working) to the receptionist and she went to mention to maintenance, Nobody came to check on us or receptionist did not phone room to advise us when toilet would be fixed. Four star hotel should have better service than this and courteous phone call to see if we were ok would not be much to ask for. On check out, Tuesday morning, I went to reception and waited a few mins for receptionist - same girl from previous evening to come and attend to us and I advised that toilet remained broken and she began to apologise and said she had left a message for maintenance prev evening and that she would ensure that it would be sorted that day, but as my husband said before me that it was not any good to us as we were checking out and we advised that we had to walk down stairs to use the bar toilets as we couldnt use the one in our room. And on this morning my husband had to make two trips down to toilet as the bar toilets were in cleaning and he got to use on third trip. There was a long silence at reception while invoice was being printed, I checked to see if correct which it was and i produced my credit card to pay, the receptionist then said that she was rounding down to nearest hundred giving 37 euro discount. I had filled out comment sheet in room before going to reception and was debating about leaving and as I was putting card back into my wallet, I pulled it out and put on reception counter and said I was leaving it. My husband said to me on way out that comment card may not be passed on in this case to management as he said it was definately receptionist fault here that we were not looked after properly on this matter and should have been checked on to see if we had been sorted when we came down to bar for dinner, no follow up at all was done and not even offered different room or upgrade. I am not a person who compains, I am a quiet individual who shyes away from this kind of thing and am suffering from severe stress related illness at moment and having bad anxiety, it really did not help enduring this. Regardless of what star hotel you are staying in from two to five star you should have better service than this.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IrelandAnnMarie
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the Bayview Hotel to a wonderful, unexpected sunny afternoon. A leisurely lunch on the terrace overlooking the serene bay set the scene for a memorable two night stay.
Rooms are gorgeous, all with a sea view. All relaxing. Wonderful sea view rooms on each floor to curl your legs up on a couch and relax with a wine.
Breakfast far exceeds many five star establishments. Incredible orange juice, serious scones and fantastic fruit salad but the piece de resistance is the toasted soda farl. Gorgeous.
Every aspect of the hotel, location implores you to forget the bustle you left behind and embrace the serenity. Not many hotels manage to be busy and quiet at the same time but the Bayview manages it. How? With staff who intercept every need and whose pleasant demeanour compliments the surroundings.
A stunning 2 hour cliff walk sets you up to dine at the local gem The Herring Gull on the pier.
I'm already planning a return trip.
Special

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 7, 2012

just returned home after a 1 night stay in the bayview, excellent, great rates for dbb, dinner is mitchelin star rating, presentation flawless, fab table for dinner overlooking the water, place so relaxing, bar lovely also, lisa very welcoming at reception, room 208 prob could do with bit of upgrading, but didnt book hotel for the room, bar menu excellent, selection of wines very good, really relaxing, used pool in garryvoe, not suitable for kids,

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballycotton
Garryvoe Hotel
Midleton Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Midleton
Montenotte
The Montenotte Hotel

Been to Bayview Hotel? Share your experiences!