“Amazing experience”
Review of Solhestar

Solhestar
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

The best horseriding in Iceland! Amazing for any level of experience! Everyone is so nice and helpful! Really personalised and family style, not those big factory stables! The horses are steady, the scenery is perfect and you can choose any riding tour suitable for you and your skills! I am definitely coming again! Thank you so much! I'm so happy:)

1  Thank Alyona B

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Fantastic Icelandic horse riding: excellent service and value, our 8-year old daughter loved every minute of it.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The weather in Iceland changes every five minutes. So you cannot plan your riding experience around the weather. We booked knowing that the weather was going to be blustery. We could probably expect some snow, perhaps a little sunshine and who knows what else. We were picked up by Solmunder and driven out to Solhestar, the riding stables. It is about 30 Minutes outside of Reykjavik. We were given padded, warm overalls, boots, gloves and most important helmets to wear. Milinda, from Denmark, looked after us. We were shown into the stables and told which horses we would be riding. My wife had never riden and was nervous about riding. She was given a treasure of a horse. Soon the horses were outside and we were sitting in the saddles. And off we went at a gentle walk. We covered about 6 or 7 kilometers. We stopped to tighten saddle belts and for photos. We stopped to get through gates and we rode through a gaggle of horses in a field. It blew a storm in our faces so that you could feel the individual pieces of ice pricking your cheeks. Then the Sun smiled on us and the countryside was just fabulous. My Wife's horse was very well behaved. we got back to base in one piece. Waterfalls are wonderful to see, but you can't stroke a waterfall. They're not warm and there is no feeling of achievement when you get back to base. It you really want to see Iceland and experience something.... go horse riding. Go to Sólhestar and have some fun. Arthur from Munich

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Went here on a beautiful Icelandic day. Rode for one hour on Sventree. I'm not a rider by any stretch of the imagination. But this horse was so gentle and in tune with me, I was amazed. Okay maybe it was the owner who picked out the horse for me that understood what type of horse I needed to have a great time. The owner/ staff at Solhester cater to smaller groups so you get that personal touch. My sister-in-law wanted a livelier horse and she got one. We both had a great experience. Love these guys.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

It was the first time I ever did horse riding and I was suprised how good to handle the horses are. Everyone is very kind, they help you whenever you need it. I already went twice because I enjoyed it so much :)
I can really recommend this!