“Perfect Riding Experience for a Novice”
Review of Solhestar

Solhestar
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were collected from our hotel, in Thingvellir and taken on a very exciting car journey out to the stables where we were met by Emma, our lovely Swedish guide. Emma chose the perfect horses for our level of experience (none). I got a lovely gentle old fella called 'Friend' who was very patient. Emma ran through the basics with us, then we had a chance to practice before we set off across the beautiful fields, alongside the mountain. I dont mind admitting I was worried as I had never been on a horse before. I needn't have worried, after half an hour I was confident enough to try the special 5th gait - the Tolt - that these amazing horses have.
All in all a fabulous experience, made extra special by emma.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Close to Reykjavik we had booked a tour riding on the beach. Solmundur came and picked us up. When we arrived at his horse farm we were presented to our horses and Swedish guides. They had picked some really good horses for us. We had very good service and our nice guide Natalie made the day memorable.
We would love to go back.
Sonja & Monica

2  Thank Monica F
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lovely riding in a magic landscape. Friendly, welcoming atmosphere. The horse, too, was full of energy but very accommodating. I chose an afternoon tour, but I certainly hope to return some day and do a longer tour.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We wanted a friendly spot to ride horses. We did the two-three hours tour, and was excellent. So excellent that we repeated the next day with the 7 hours hot-spring tour. Just amazing, nice promenade and when you arrive at the top of the mountain, you have a hot bath in the middle of nature. And even they offered a picnic. As is not the typical big site to ride horses, the really care about horses, they know very much each of them and they try to search the optimal horse for you. They provided all material in both excursions and they are prepared for different weather conditions. Nice to gallop even under the soft rain.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Super Hotspring trip on horseback. very good service,very good guide on trip, very good horse ,(and saddle), it was a pleasure to ride the trip on a very welltrained og goodgaited horse in a small group of five persons. I have tried other companies, so far Solhestar is one of the best, and I will recommend it to my friends.

1  Thank esther s