TripAdvisor
Selfoss
Post
Inbox
Search

All reviews field trip teacher interests company glacier icelandic
Selected filters
Reviewed May 23, 2019

Wonderful tip with "Understand Iceland" Herdis's knowledge of Iceland is AMAZING!
Herdis provided the University group with deep information on the topology, the people and future climate change implications.
She is so responsive to all of our questions and her planning skills are superb.
We host a group to Iceland every year and plan to use Herdis each year!!
THANKS YOU !!!

1  Thank Judith P
Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

Herdis and her father are is nothing short of amazing guides. They are incredibly knowledgeable about everything Iceland and made me feel like I was visiting friends rather than being dragged around on a traditional tour. I was especially impressed by the time management during our trip. We were able to do so many activities each day due to the fact that Herdis was great at estimating how much time each would take and also at herding us 16 rowdy university students when time was tight. I really enjoyed learning about Icelandic culture from a local and highly recommend Understand Iceland for anyone who would like a similar experience.

1  Thank Audrey P
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Incredible Iceland tour. Understanding Iceland is a top drawer group. Well connected, knowledgeable, thoughtful. We will definitely use this group again in the future.

1  Thank SEZiel
Reviewed April 14, 2019

It might sounds very cliche, but my trip to Iceland back in 2014 completely changed my life. I wouldn't be where I am today without this trip. I had the best 3 months in my life growing and learning in Iceland, which has become my spiritual home.

The amazing experience wouldn't be possible without Herdis, who founded Understand Iceland. She arranged all the amazing trips my group went on and planned all sorts of experiences that truly represented Iceland naturally and culturally. Herdis is incredibly knowledgeable about this beautiful country - you will learn so much from her! She knows where to get a taste of Iceland, where to hike to see the beautiful view, when to get up in the middle of the night to catch the Northern Lights. More importantly, Herdis always goes out of her way to help people! She's passionate, patient, humorous, and in general the best guide/travel companion you can have.

I can't wait to go back to this precious land that always has my heart. Can't wait to revisit and Understand Iceland one more time.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Ubqiu
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

This review comes straight from the heart. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d go to Iceland TWICE!! This trip is so stunning I did it two years in a row. The memories I have from these trips are the best times of my life. The people, the scenery, the food...it is the most pure place on earth. Every corner has a new view that will touch a special place inside of you. Please take my advice - go with Understand Iceland!! Literally this is perfectly planned to the tiniest detail - no waiting, no problems, and personal attention always! You will receive a seamless trip that takes you off the beaten path to the most magical places in earth. You will meet the local people, stay in places you will never want to leave, spend time with the Icelandic horses, eat the most amazing food and drink the purest water on earth (right from the glacier if you want). I’ve never had better coffee in my life!! Coffee and cakes was a regular thing...I’d go back just for that. I made lifelong friends on this trip and definitely left a piece of my heart in Iceland. Herdís will make you feel like part of her family. She is so incredibly special to me and always will be. I could go on about the extraordinary places in Iceland that we visited through Understand Iceland, but I think you should go yourself. You’ll never be the same. I love Understand Iceland and the people behind these amazing adventures. Til next time!

Date of experience: August 2018