Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Is this heaven? No, it’s a summer night in Iceland.

That sunny summer night in Fjallabak might be the closest to heaven I’ll ever be. Pulling up to the... read more

Reviewed July 15, 2019
Jean T
Murrieta, California
Iceland’s West Fjords -- What a great motorcycle adventure tour!

To experience Iceland’s beauty out of a motorcycle saddle is definitely a privilege. Though, be... read more

Reviewed July 5, 2019
Alexander-Suiza

All reviews weather gear mountain hut experience iceland these guys great company off road bucket list lava fields beautiful country day trip bike ktm olaf moto cliffs gravel crossing
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Our 3 day tour in early August saw us covering around 200km off-road each day of mixed terrain from easy gravel mountain roads to more technical tracks, for me at least. Initially I found the river crossing a bit daunting and wimped out on a few until I grew a pair :-), cheers Skuli for helping me out on those occasions. The rest of the team could not have been more supportive so many thanks also to Gisli and Gudjon. Just like riding out with a bunch of mates. A special mention to Arnie, providing support , who kept the adventure going, even after we had returned to Selfoss, by taking our luggage on an extended tour to Reykjavik and back :-). It was a genuine pleasure to ride out with the two other guys on the trip, Hugo and Richard, and many thanks for your help and advice that saw a very inexperienced off-road rider through the hardest sections. The scenery was truly gob smacking, no matter where you stopped. The mountain huts varied from basic to 5 star but were all you needed after a day's ride and in fantastic locations with the evening meals a definite highlight. The terrain is sure to give any level of rider a run for their money. I certainly rode tracks I wouldn't have thought possible before the trip so a huge personal accomplishment and one that I would encourage everyone to put high on their bucket list. I started off on day one on an immaculate and very capable husky 701, in the right hands just unfortunately not in my hands, so swapped over to a ktm 450 excr. This bike is very forgiving in the hands of the incompetent and made the more technical sections possible for me and I'd advise this for the less experienced. All in all an unforgettable, addictive experience. Try this once and you will want to go back for more. So all the best Ridewithlocals and ride safe. Kind regards, Bob McN

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Booked a 3 day trip early August , all communication from booking to arrival was kept well informed. 3 of us rode with 2 local guides who certainly knew their stuff. Fantastic trails from the start, breathtaking scenery and it got better and better as we went on. Husky 701 endure bikes were perfect for the job and maintained to a high class. The guys were brilliant, nothing was any trouble for them and when I dropped my bike in the river they didn't worry, just got on the Mobi to bring in the support wagon and unload the spare bike. Lots of stops at hidden places which they know from years of time out in the wilderness. The stop over huts were a delight, so quiet and remote, food was of local supply and 5 star rated, the cold beer at the end of each day was very welcome and lots of chilled out banter and laughs. The riding was truly awesome, the locals were even more awesome. I want to go back again. Well done guys, you are onto a winner so I better book soon before all the dates are full up. Cheers. Richard. From Falmouth.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

I just finished a six-day trip with the guys from Ride With Locals. It was motocross/enduro on brand new 701 Husqvarnas and KTM 690's. Honestly, it was a blast! All aspects of the journey were exceptional. Because it was completely back-country for the duration of the trip with Ride With Locals providing everything but personal safety gear and weather gear, I was curious as to how it would all pan out. Here's what I found as the trip unfolded: the bikes were well-maintained, the trails had lots of variety and were an absolute thrill, the major focus of the trip were the trails, the meals were five-star--fresh food cooked up each night by the guide/chef, the accommodations (four cabins, five nights out there) were clean, comfortable, private to the group and all but one had shower facilities. Basically, all of my "tactical" concerns were taken care of.
Here's the important thing about this company: the guys that own the company are the guys that are riding the bikes and doing the guiding. Talk about ownership! Let me give you an example of how well these guys took care of me: the skills level of the group ranged from a novice (me) who had accumulated a lofty fourteen hours on a Husky 501 just before showing up for this trip to a guy who has been moto-crossing all his life and can never get enough of it. I have to say that both types of riders were fully accommodated on this trip. Being a bit short (30" inseam) I was asked right away if I wanted to ride a lower bike (ie. a KTM 450). Being curious about how the 701 handled, I opted for the Husky--for the first two days. As soon as I had had enough, the guys brought out a 450 and even changed out the seat for a lower one. The other end of the skills spectrum did not need any extra mods; they got their fill of speed and thrills.
As we were Averaging almost 200 klicks per day, Skule, Olaf, Gudjun quickly became more than just guides: they were genuinely interested in making sure that we were getting as much out of our trip as we could. And we thoroughly enjoyed their good company on the trails and in the camps.
I'll be back this time next year for six days of thrills and great company!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

If you want a enduro adventure this is the one. They take you to Places that are Amazing, from hot steaming mountains to the black sands of the Glacier. They cater for all levels of riders from beginners to experts. Go and experience the real Iceland Adventure on a enduro bike with riding with locals great job guys.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018

I hired a guide from Ride With Locals for a one-day offroad adventure when riding around Iceland on my motorcycle. These guys run small group enduro tours with bikes and support included, but also arrange custom and private tours on request. Skúli and Guðjón arranged a great day for me where we visited several beautiful spots, and we rode gravel roads and backroads in the Fjallabak nature reserve to Landmannalaugar. The guides really know the Highlands well, and know how to plan a good adventure! I appreciated the patience of the guides, as I´m a beginner on gravel and offroad - and they adapted the ride to my skills and my bike. And they guided me through my first river crossings! If you love motorbikes and want a true adventure in Iceland I would really recommend getting in touch with Ride With Locals to arrange the perfect trip for you. In addition to riding with skilled moto guides, you will also be in great company.

Date of experience: June 2018