Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Is this heaven? No, it’s a summer night in Iceland.

That sunny summer night in Fjallabak might be the closest to heaven I’ll ever be. Pulling up to the... read more

Reviewed July 15, 2019
Jean T
Murrieta, California
Iceland’s West Fjords -- What a great motorcycle adventure tour!

To experience Iceland’s beauty out of a motorcycle saddle is definitely a privilege. Though, be... read more

Reviewed July 5, 2019
Alexander-Suiza

All reviews weather gear mountain hut experience iceland these guys great company off road bucket list lava fields beautiful country day trip bike ktm olaf moto cliffs gravel crossing
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

If you want a enduro adventure this is the one. They take you to Places that are Amazing, from hot steaming mountains to the black sands of the Glacier. They cater for all levels of riders from beginners to experts. Go and experience the real Iceland Adventure on a enduro bike with riding with locals great job guys.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018

I hired a guide from Ride With Locals for a one-day offroad adventure when riding around Iceland on my motorcycle. These guys run small group enduro tours with bikes and support included, but also arrange custom and private tours on request. Skúli and Guðjón arranged a great day for me where we visited several beautiful spots, and we rode gravel roads and backroads in the Fjallabak nature reserve to Landmannalaugar. The guides really know the Highlands well, and know how to plan a good adventure! I appreciated the patience of the guides, as I´m a beginner on gravel and offroad - and they adapted the ride to my skills and my bike. And they guided me through my first river crossings! If you love motorbikes and want a true adventure in Iceland I would really recommend getting in touch with Ride With Locals to arrange the perfect trip for you. In addition to riding with skilled moto guides, you will also be in great company.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

If you love riding and want to experience Iceland there simply is not better way to do it than Ride with Locals.
Ride with Locals is owner operated (we had Skuli and GoodJohn as guides, they were tiptop) and the care and attention they put into every aspect was obvious.
The motorbikes we rode were almost new and very well maintained. They were Husqvarna 701's and were a perfect balance between power and maneuverability. They're fitted with 3 small dry bags that allowed me to carry my drone and some warmer weather gear safely. Our main bag rode along in the chase truck that met us every night.
Each night we stopped at a mountain hut which was warm, clean and had hot showers. The food the guys cooked was awesome (lamb steaks with a delicious sauce, for example) and they made sure we had energy bars, Gatorade, and sandwiches during the day.
The star of the show, of course is Iceland. This was where you really felt like you were doing something special. Skuli and GoodJohn tailored the ride to our riding level and we were able to see things and do things that I doubt 1% of visitors to Iceland get to do, superjeeps and all. Both guys know the place like the back of their hand and had detailed GPS maps of every little track in Iceland. We crossed countless streams, climbed a glacier pass, rode through grassy fields and lava plains, the variety was astounding.
We felt like we were riding with old friends that were dying to share their beautiful country with us. Simply put, it was a life experience. I can't say enough good about it.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

My dad, my brother, and I rode 300km with Skuli and Olaf to some of the most incredible spots on the south side of the island. True to the name, we were really "riding with locals". They knew every back road and short cut, even re-routed when a river was uncrossable. If you're an avid motorcycle rider and want an incredible experience touring the dirt roads of iceland, seeing incredibles sights, riding some stellar bikes, you have to ride with locals.

1  Thank The_Big_Rig61
Reviewed October 11, 2017

We started with the guides from Selfoss, and drove to a trailhead where we unloaded the bikes. The riding in the area was just amazing. Every corner that we turned opened up amazing scenery. We rode on their Husqvarna 701 enduro bikes, and they were new and well maintained, so we had zero issues with reliability. We stopped along the way and shot lots of photos. Our guides were really fun and we had a great day of riding. We plan on going back next year to ride in the West Fjord area.

Date of experience: September 2017