“Amazing tour in the wilderness” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Hveragerdi
Malmo, Sweden
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing tour in the wilderness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Went on the kjölur tour - one week on horseback in the wilderness. It was amazing! Nice people, good food, fun horses and fantastic unspoiled nature. Will come back every year!! :)

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Moule82

• Finnish first
Siem Reap, Cambodia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“delightful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I enjoyed the location of the tours. It was beautiful.

The only small complaint that I have is that it was too wet to do the tour that I wanted, seemed like they knew it for a while, but they didn't tell me till it was not available till we arrived. would have preferred it if they emailed me a few days before so i could choose what to do. It was hard to choose on the spot.

They seemed to be very competent and good guides. The experience was beautiful. I would recommend this company.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sarahmaob
Medford, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent riding and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We took a combo tour with the Geysir-Gullfoss. The ride was delightful. They asked each of us our riding experience before matching us with horses although all the horses seemed to have good temperaments. When my younger son started to feel unwell they moved his horse up with our lead guide and she led his horse. This kept his gait more steady. When he continued to feel an upset stomach they replaced our lead guide and the original guide walked her horse and my son's horse back to the barn while the rest of the group continued. My son, even with his illness, looks back at this experience with extreme fondness. He had been looking forward to riding the special Icelandic horses for months so the extra attention they gave him in a bad situation was wonderful. The lunch was also very tasty and there was plenty of food. The leek soup was delicious.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Kristi R
Oslo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Unorganised”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Due to weather conditions Eldhestar could not let us do the originally booked tour which was the Hot spring tour. The change in plans were fine although I think Eldhestar should have contacted us beforehand.

We made it very clear to the staff that it was my boyfriends first time riding and despite this they did not let him try out in the paddock or give him any advice before we left for the tour.

When taking of the saddle on my horse at lunch time we identified a big wound. The horse had been stressed already from the start, however, the staff ensured me that this was just her normal temperament. After seeing the wound I do not believe this story and with only minor experience from handling horses the staff should easily have seen the wound and decided not to let her go on tours until it was healed.

Our guides had average knowledge of the horses and the landscape we were riding in and there were several times that people fell of their horses, luckily no one got hurt.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank HannaOslo
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Daytour: the beach ride. Stormy and rainy weather which in my mind made it even better and truly Iceland. Good guide and great horse (Spòl). Riding through the water and along the stormy Atlantic ocean was truly awesome!! Highly recommend Eldhestar and I'll take a long tour the next time I visit Iceland.

Visited July 2013